Hong Kong Island to Airport

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just get a taxi off the street in North Point and swing by via cwb and wanchai the driver will keep the meter running so have your friends wait downstairs- the cabbie will be happy to take you to the airport( and if he is not get in another cab there are loads at that time)-

split between the 3 of you the $300-400 fare will be reasonable and time to airport about 40 min max

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    (ie not frequent fliers like you and I, PDLM!)
    ex-frequent flyer in my case. But yes I guess it's about queue management. I actually had to queue for check-in recently for the first time in about a decade - I'd forgotten that happened sometimes. But these days, from most ports at least, online checkin bypasses the queues.

they advise 2 hours before just to be on the safe side. if everyone came 1 hour or 40 minutes before... there will just be loads of people complaining that they were there but are not allowed onto the plane because they were checked-in late. also, if you tell people a certain time, they will likely get there late anyway - that always happens when anyone tries to organise a dinner or gathering.

unless i'm really short on time, i get to the airport about 2 hours before, and usually, im only waiting about 10 mins to board. it takes a while to check-in, get through security, walk/take the train to the gate (HK airport is pretty big), buy some water, maybe some snacks for a long haul, and probably enough time for a wee so i dont have to wait in the queues whilst on the plane.