Getting from Lo Wu to Shenzhen Airport

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Oh no.. have just realised tomorrow is National Day & Autumn Moon Festival, do you think Lo Wu will be closed?

Quote Originally Posted by nfsr:
    Oh no.. have just realised tomorrow is National Day & Autumn Moon Festival, do you think Lo Wu will be closed?
    Ha ha - I doubt it!

1. Hard to say how long the trip will take as it depends on the traffic/time of day but under 45 mins
    2. Take only legal taxis with a licence displayed on the dashboard (From the taxi station downstairs at Lowu or the Shangri-La taxi line.)
    3.Taxis are cheap and good but there are lots of airport buses eg K568 buses go every 10 minutes from Lowu. Price is RMB20. Ask the information desk ladies for directions to the K568 just before you enter the Commercial Centre.(The K stands for Kwai or Express.)
    4. There is a new fun English map of Shenzhen in HK Dymocks bookstores which gives tons of info and will really help you with border crossings, locations and distances.
    5. Taxis are safe (the licence system is very strict.) Unfortunately illegal taxis hang around Lowu and should be avoided, not really because they are dangerous but they are a pain with fake currency and over-charging.
    6. Buses are safe and the bus staff are super helpful but for a first trip I would jump in a cab.

Enjoy the trip!

fyi - Taxi from LoWu to SZ airport cost about $100 rmb by the meter + $15rmb toll fee.

Quote Originally Posted by hkken569:
    I know that she took a bus from Lowuto the airport for a internal flight. She was standing when accosted, so maybe she took a public bus and not the minibus. She was going by herself, so must have looked like a prime target.

Any of the buses that run the route to / from the airport video the passengers that are on the bus prior to it departing, to dissuade criminal acts. So I suspect BS or you are on about some other public bus.

Shenzhen is very safe these days (really ever since a big safety campaign for the 1997 handover) but the old rumours about devious criminals never seem to go away! Airport buses have airline passengers on them - not exactly the criminal classes.
    The only thing you have to watch is pickpocketing but that is rife in Paris etc as well.

Be careful, some childish little turd will send you a red brick for making such an unhelpful post ;-P

there is left luggage just out side the toilets on the lower level as you head towards the taxi rank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2