Getting from Lo Wu to Shenzhen Airport

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Getting from Lo Wu to Shenzhen Airport

Hi there
    What's the best way of getting from Lo Wu Shopping Mall to Shenzhen International Airport? How long will it take me? Thanks

There is a white airport minibus from the bus station under the shopping mall. It takes around 45 minutes and costs 20 Rmb. It has Shenzhen airport written on the side in English.

Wach yourself on that bus line, I've know a friend (girl) gotten surrounded and manhandled by 3 guys. Crowded bus, no help

Would pay extra for taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by hkken569:
    Wach yourself on that bus line, I've know a friend (girl) gotten surrounded and manhandled by 3 guys. Crowded bus, no help

Would pay extra for taxi.
    The one I'm talking about is a minibus so there is no standing, and no over crowding. Are you sure you are thinking of the same bus?

Just to check - why are you starting at Lu Wo? If you have a choice, there are better ways from HK such as the direct airport bus from Elements mall; or a combination of buses going via the SHenzhen Bay Port crossing which is way more convenient for the airport. (Just in case you didn't know there were alternatives).

I know that she took a bus from Lowuto the airport for a internal flight. She was standing when accosted, so maybe she took a public bus and not the minibus. She was going by herself, so must have looked like a prime target.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    The one I'm talking about is a minibus so there is no standing, and no over crowding. Are you sure you are thinking of the same bus?

We are starting from Lo Wu as my friend wants to buy a few bits from the Commercial Center before heading to her flight at Shenzhen Airport. Sounds like taxi might be the easiest way. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by nfsr:
    We are starting from Lo Wu as my friend wants to buy a few bits from the Commercial Center before heading to her flight at Shenzhen Airport. Sounds like taxi might be the easiest way. Cheers
    Hmm - walking around the Commercial Centre with all your luggage ... probably not something I'd do! Take care.

I think there's a left luggage place in Shenzhen station where we were hoping to park her luggage for a few hours

Quote Originally Posted by nfsr:
    I think there's a left luggage place in Shenzhen station where we were hoping to park her luggage for a few hours
    There is left luggage at Shenzhen railway Station, but you might need a train ticket to use it. There is also larger blue airport coach from near the train station to the airport.

I think the dangers of Shenzhen are often over stated, especially in the the area around the Lo Wu commercial centre. Yes be careful about pickpockets and exercise normal common sense.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast