agents

Closed Thread

agents

Hi,

Does anyone have any good recommendations for agents in hong kong?

I would like help with an agent going to get my drivers license for me and to forward the license to me abroad.

Thanks

You can't legally get a HK Driving Licence unless you are a HK Resident holding HK ID card.

When you hear of people saying they can get a license and they are agents, do you think there is a good chance that they are scammers?

Is hong kong very strict in terms of 'their is no corruption' alot of people say that if you know the right people then you can get things. Pakistan is like this. I would imagine hong kong is very strict to rules.

There's one very fundamental thing about a HK Driving licence - it is actually simply an adjunct to the HKID card - the licence itself is absolutely meaningless without the HKID card; it doesn't have your photo on it.

So if you don't have a HKID card you cannot get a HK Driving Licence.

Anyone telling you otherwise is a scammer after your money.

But since you are obviously trying to do something illegal as well I can see that this may not bother you.

Last edited by PDLM; 03-10-2009 at 09:55 PM.

I recieved the below email from the hk td. Thanks for all who replied even though no body got it right.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Re: Direct Issue of Full Hong Kong Licence

Thank you for your email of Oct 2. On behalf of the Transport Department, the information is provided as follow –

A Pakistan driving licence holder may try applying for the direct issue of the full driving licence if the applicant fulfills the requirements of the direct issue. Please be remind that the application must be submitted in person or by agent to our Hong Kong Licencing Office. Both orginal and copy of your identity doucumet must be submitted to the office; such as your passport and Pakistan driving licence.
    For detail please refer to the below link which diverts to the transport department website.
    Transport Department - Driving in Hong Kong for Overseas Driving Licence Holders
    A form TD63A is attached for your reference.

For your information, a visitor arrives Hong Kong and will not stay more than 12 months can drive in Hong Kong with his or her valid international driving licence or foreign country driving licence,

The above satisfies me, thanks to all. PS 'PDLM' nothing is illegal if the hong kong law permits it. I'l be sending my drivers license and passport to a family friend who is hong kong citizen and they will be authorised by me to take my form, passport, drivers license and certified translation of license along with their hong kong id to get my license. Thank you for your replies.

Mohmyster,

That seems to be a hell of a lot of money, just to gain a useless licence as a non resident, unless you plan on living in HK under false pretence?

Why wouldn't you just be happy with an international licence, which costs less than $20US...? A 10 year HK licence will cost you $980HKD and takes around 10 days to issue...

Might be worth informing the authorities that there might be an international scam going with certain ethnic minorities in HK, recruiting SCL drivers.

Good to see a tiny ( desperate ) few willing to spoil it for everybody else, likely making it a lot more laborious for legitimate people to get a licence in the future, because of people like this OP.

Last edited by Skyhook; 04-10-2009 at 09:28 AM.

mohmyster,

There's one important line in the link that you gave:

3.1.3 What to bring?
    * Hong Kong Identity Card (original and photocopy);
    How do you propose to satisfy that requirement?

Again - the HK driving licence is an adjunct to a HKID card - it is not a standalone document.

This is so obviously a scam that I feel the authorities need to be aware of it.

Shri - help with email address?
    Last edited by PDLM; 04-10-2009 at 11:01 AM.