Rush Indian Visa

Closed Thread

Question Rush Indian Visa

Hi All,
    I am due to fly to india this coming weekend but only realised that I need to get a visa after I had booked the flights (Stupid I know). What I was wondering is; is there a way to get a rush business Visa for India baring in mind that I do not have a HK ID card???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Keeping in mind that the Indian civil service has inherited some of the worst bureaucratic habits that were left behind by the colonial Brits.. I'd say the best approach would be to go to the consulate and ask nicely.

Put yourself in the position of an Indian who would be in Hong Kong without an ID card and would have wanted to go to UK for urgent business.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

Yo Burnyraf,

looking at this might help ya...http://www.indianconsulate.org.hk ...good luck

this is what they say about visa applications...

INFORMATION FOR VISA APPLICANTS

The Consulate General of India, Hong Kong issues Tourist/Business/ Student/Employment and other types of visas to applicants who are residents of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. People with Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan ID cards can normally obtain a visa on the same day provided the application is complete in all respects.

PRC citizens can secure visas to India by applying to Indian Embassy, Beijing (Add: 1 Ritan Dong Lu, Beijing, Ph: 86-10-65321908, Fax: 86-10-65324684). However, PRC citizens holding Hong Kong ID cards can apply for visas at the Indian Consulate in Hong Kong.

Visas can also be issued to applicants who are not normal residents of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan only after obtaining clearance from the Indian Missions in countries of their normal residence. A time period of 4 to 5 working days is required for processing the request of such applicants. Applicants under this category are required to pay HK$100/- towards telex/fax charges. The visa fee is to be paid after the clearance is received.

Last edited by Max; 29-10-2005 at 10:46 AM.

I had to get an urgent visa for India and I was here on a business trip. They did it on the same day. Gave my passport in the morning and got it back with the visa early afternoon.

You will need an "invitatio" letter from the company you are visiting.