Bangkok for the weekend?

Closed Thread

Bangkok for the weekend?

Hi

Thinking if going to Bangkok for the weekend - will it be too hectic - I'd like to visit some sights but it wont be the only time we go so can take it easy

Any tips must sees etc and recommendation of any good hotels - pref with pool!

Thanks

Hotel:

Stable Lodge at Sukhumvit, Soi 8.

It basically depends on how long your weekend is.
    The flight (one way) takes 3-4hours, travel to and from the airport in HK and BKK another 2-3 hours + 2 hours check-in. So plan 18 hours just for travelling.

After arriving, get a massage at the Wat Pho, and check the area around. For a quick dip in the pool get up early.

If you just need a beach, try the Warwick Hotel in Cheung Chau (30 min Ferry from Central).

I'm told the Sheraton's pool is to die for. A little on the pricy side for Bangkok though.

C

Hi,

good place to stay is grand president serviced apartments, sukhumvit, soi 11. There are different classes of apartment strating at about 550 hkd per night.

travelling there is not as long as expat says....I normally take the Cathay flight on a friday at 1840...leave work in central at about 1730 and get arpt express. Flight is only about 2 hours 35 minutes when I get to bangkok get taxi to sukhumvit grand president....I am normally at the hotel by 2130...so only about 4 hours door to door..

must do places are of course the grand palace/wat pho, golden mountain, river trip on the chao phraya, bangkok cycle tour which takes in loads of places you never normally see, other non-tourist side of bangkok..

anyway that is just for starters..