Phuket Beach/Resort/Hotel Recommendations

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Phuket Beach/Resort/Hotel Recommendations

I've never been and am planning on going in the next month. Any recommendations for good hotels/resorts on the beach? or even which beach? I'm looking for average prices, nothing over the top. I'm cluelesss about Thailand so any advice would help. Except advice sending me to google, thanks!!

what do u consider an average price. Whenever i go to Phuket, I always stay at the Amari Coral Beach Resort, 5 Mins away from the action of Patong beach but far enough to be peaceful and quiet. It has its own small private beach, a private pier where you can snorkel off, breakfast buffet is amazing. Per night it cost HKD$800 i think. I usually go on a package air + hotel, check out thai airways packages.

Patong area is hustling-bustling and quite noisy...a lil away from patong..abt 20-25 mins is karon beach, which is calm & peaceful..
    chk out www.movenpick-phuket.com
    this resort & spa at karon beach is a must stay

katta beach is beautiful too….

stay at phi phi island can be amazing..but bet the rates must be really high....

enjoy phuket

Last edited by sweet & sour; 19-11-2009 at 11:46 AM.

In the Laguna area and based on info 1 year ago:

The Sheraton kinda sucks- it's surprisingly run down. Has beachfront.

The Allamanda is the downmarket cousin of the other resorts- doesn't really have much in the way of beachfront if that's important to you.

The Dusit is of good quality and has beachfront.

The Banyan Tree is of higher quality and higher price. All standalone bungalows. It's got a beach.

The Laguna Beach Resort has more interesting rooms, and is tiered between the Dusit and the Allamanda.

Last edited by jgl; 19-11-2009 at 12:29 PM.

It depends whether you want the ugliness/eventful/commercial of a place like Patong or you prefer a quiet beach without all the tourist trappings

I stayed on Karon Beach & Resort on the south end of Karon beach 2 months ago. Reasonably priced and very decent hotel. It's right on the beach so you don't even have to cross the street to get there!

From there it's around 15min walk to Kata beach and probably 20min taxi to Patong, so it's pretty easy to get around. Karon beach is not as crowded as Patong beach but I would say one of the more "touristy" beaches in Phuket.

Enjoy!

Thanks guys....

Well, I think I am tweaking my plans a bit and I'm going to stay on Koh Phi Phi Don island. Any recco's for that island? I see someone mentioned it above, it seems I can get a decent room for about 3500BHT per night which is about 815HKD, I dont' really want to go over this price, it's my max. I think the one I saw that price for was Bay View Resort.

Any other ideas of where to stay while there for around this price? I would like to stay on the beach and somewhat close to the main path.
    Also, I'm redeeming my miles for the flights so no need for air/hotel packages.

Thanks

Apart from Thai Airways are there any other package tour operators worth looking up?

I'll be travelling alone (I know, I know..) in between Xmas and New Year so just looking for 3 or 4 days on the beach.

SS7

air asia and cathay

Thanks,

Ended up booking Dragonair and staying at the Peach Blossom resort.

SS7

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast