Bali, Lagkawi or Kota Kinabalu?

Closed Thread

Lightbulb Bali, Lagkawi or Kota Kinabalu?

Dear Forum members,

I am a little bit confused to choose which one of those 3 spots is better for Christmas family vacation, looking for nice beaches, kids activities, good food, nice excursions, etc.

I am not looking for a big resort but more for a small boutique hotel or villa type for 5 members (3 adults and 2 kids (5 and 3 years old)).

Any feedback about past experiences on any of those places would be more than great!

Btw, ClubMed Bali could be an option...any comment?

Thanks a lot,

Xavi.

Xavi

I was looking at locations for this time of year and I understand in Kota Kinabulu it is rainy season, and I think Bali too. West coast Thailand / Malaysia is good this time of year, so weather in Langkawi should be good.

Bali will be wet but you can get nice villas through balivillas.com though this time of year they are expsnive.

I went to KK 2 years ago and honestly not impressed with the quality of hotels.

Langkawi is great especially if you stay on the northern cost. We are big fans and find there is lots of activities for kids. Try Tanjung Rhu resort which is great for kids.

Never stayed at Club Med in Bali but have heard good things though the rains will be heavy around Dec.

Thank you very much, Katanga and Beanieskis for you rcomments and reply back!

I will look a little bit more...but I think I will mpush for Bali!

Thanks a lot,

Xavi.

I am planning to go skiing at club med now so I get a brief idea on what it is. It provides a package which includes transportation, accommodation, food and most of the facility. So basically you give a lump sum and it includes everything you need. And I heard that the food is really nice, staff there is nice and the view is amazing. (so that's why I am going there)

I am looking forward to it and hope you have great fun at Xmas as well