Climate question

Closed Thread

Climate question

I'm am planning a visit with my Swedish husband to Hong Kong next Spring. Since I haven't been back for eight years--and I've heard that a lot has changed climate-wise, I would like to know how the weather is like in March. Is it mostly foggy and rainy? And what is the temperature range? I checked out the average temperature range on the HK Observatory website, but the statistics go only as far as 1990. As March in Sweden is mostly still sub-zero temperatures, I'm looking forward to having a break from the long winter. What about February? Is it usually sunnier? What is the temperature like?

Look at last years temperature. Despite Gore's rantings about global warming, not much has changed since 2004.

Hi Rani,
    Where can I look? Can you give me a site where I can find out more?
    Global warming is definitely not felt here where I live :-)

BBC weather site is a good starting place for World weather. Hong Kong:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/c...ml?tt=TT002190

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

try this...www.hko.gov.hk

Feb/March are quite warm - low 20's but I believe that it is one of the most polluted times in HK

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy:
    Feb/March are quite warm - low 20's but I believe that it is one of the most polluted times in HK
    Where were you last winter! It was bitter cold on some days of Feb/March, especially February! The mean temperature was 16.5 and 17.4 celcius, respectively. Anyways, check this site out.
    http://www.hko.gov.hk/wxinfo/pastwx/mws.htm

Thanks for the information everybody. Kirlex, your link is especially useful. Well, the temperatures for February sound warm to me, considering it is often down to -10 in February where I live now :-) Is March the foggiest/smoggiest month? Some say the summer months up to September are very bad in terms of smog. I know I am going to miss the relatively dry and sunny weather of autumn this year as I can't arrange a visit during this time. If you were me, which month would you choose to visit Hong Kong? Any suggestions?

HI

I'm new to Hong Kong but most people say that Oct/Nov are the most lovely weather (sunny clear skies) not sure about early part of year.
    LA

I would say definitely October/Novermber is the most pleasant temp wise, but the smog can be very bad (tho nowadays there's never really a smog free season, just the odd day here and there depending on the wind direction). But since you are planning a spring visit, anytime from Feb to April is also very nice, warming up but not raining yet.