Full Body Checks for All US Bound Passengers

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Full Body Checks for All US Bound Passengers

From The Standard:

Full body searches are being carried out on all those flying to the United States from Hong Kong - and controversial X-ray-like body scanners may be on the way amid heightened security fears.

The new "full pat-down" searches and extensive carry-on luggage checks by airline staff follow a security directive issued by Washington in the wake of the failed Christmas Day "underwear bomber."

Officials at Chek Lap Kok insist the checks - which take place immediately before boarding - will not add journey time for passengers.

The United States singled out 14 "high-risk" nationalities for the checks but Hong Kong has decided to search everyone, regardless of nationality, both for logistical reasons and to avoid accusations of discrimination.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

People's shoes are removed and checked after the shoe bomber but will these full pat-down searches include a "pat-down" of one's underwear?

pat down from arms pits to your crotch. i just experienced it.

Do they change gloves after each pat-down or are the same gloves used from crotch to crotch? (Not a complete germophobe but I don't like the "hands that touch crotches...")

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Do they change gloves after each pat-down or are the same gloves used from crotch to crotch? (Not a complete germophobe but I don't like the "hands that touch crotches...")
    I think they check over your clothes, rather than actually cupping your crotch.

The founding masons are rolling in their graves.

They have had one of those full body scanners at Schipol gate D6 for quite a while now. Obviously those flying to Hull are key terrorist suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    They have had one of those full body scanners at Schipol gate D6 for quite a while now. Obviously those flying to Hull are key terrorist suspects.
    Incorrect. It is not a full-body scanner; it is a brain scanner used for a long-term study to uncover brain abnormalities in order to understand why anyone would want to go to Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Incorrect. It is not a full-body scanner; it is a brain scanner used for a long-term study to uncover brain abnormalities in order to understand why anyone would want to go to Hull.
    Because suffering is good for the soul I guess. Actually Hull is moving up. Only 1 in 70 under 16 year old girls there now get pregnant which means 4 places in the UK are worse.

I think I might turn down any kind invitations by my firm to go to meetings in the USA. It's getting beyond a joke. And singling out specific nationalities .... discrimination anyone? Those UK bombers were Brits - nationality means nothing these days. So perhaps they will then move onto religion....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast