Like Tree2Likes

What to do in Fiji?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What to do in Fiji?

Going to Fiji for a holiday at the end of the month (Air Pacific now flies there direct from HK). Anyone who's been there have any recommendations?

We've stayed in Royal Davui, very nice. Beach, pool, spa, kayaking, lots of kava, etc. Its very isolated though and is more of a couples/honeymoon type place, not sure what you are looking for.

Fiji

I have been there a few months ago and stayed at the Fiji westin and sheraton hotel. both of them are really good. I think one week would be enough for Fiji, you may also consider to spend a day or two on the outlying islands. btw, there is a promotion for these two hotels which will end on 2Feb. I think it costs only hk$700 for one night at a 5star hotel. A strong recommendation for Fiji. u can email me if u want to know more. [email protected]

I've been to Hawaii (which I think is too commericalized) and the caribbean too many times; am thinking of going to the South Pacific islands. Between Tahiti (I can't speak French), Fiji or Carins, Australia, which would you pick.........I know Carins is NOT an island but it is in the tropics? Will Fiji be least expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Renotommy:
    I've been to Hawaii (which I think is too commericalized) and the caribbean too many times; am thinking of going to the South Pacific islands. Between Tahiti (I can't speak French), Fiji or Carins, Australia, which would you pick.........I know Carins is NOT an island but it is in the tropics? Will Fiji be least expensive?
    I was just pricing flights to Cairns, and they seem to run around USD $1000. Only Cathay flies direct.

Instead of Cairns go to Port Douglas, which is an hour and a bit up the road from Cairns Airport

Quote Originally Posted by fth:
    Instead of Cairns go to Port Douglas, which is an hour and a bit up the road from Cairns Airport

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sure will check it out. What is in Port Douglas?

If we go to Cairns, we'll be flying out of SF. Once awhile Qantas offers specials at very reasonable prices..... In the past, I've seen offers like $899/person which inc. r/t air tickets, 8 nights hotel accommdation and ground transportation to hotel, etc.

Port Douglas is a resort town, which is smaller than Cairns which offers the following activities.

1. Diving/Snorkeling on the barrier reef
    2. Jungle tours (cycle, canoe, white water rafting, river snorkeling)
    3. An excellent beach (watch out for stinger season which affects Cairns as well) Visit Cairns - FAQ - frequently asked questions
    4. A croc farm between Cairns and PD (excellent)
    5. Microlight flights
    6. Golf

I was there in November and had an excellent ten days there. I went there on the advice of someone who lived there a while.

Renotommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fth:
    Port Douglas is a resort town, which is smaller than Cairns which offers the following activities.

1. Diving/Snorkeling on the barrier reef
    2. Jungle tours (cycle, canoe, white water rafting, river snorkeling)
    3. An excellent beach (watch out for stinger season which affects Cairns as well) Visit Cairns - FAQ - frequently asked questions
    4. A croc farm between Cairns and PD (excellent)
    5. Microlight flights
    6. Golf

I was there in November and had an excellent ten days there. I went there on the advice of someone who lived there a while.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So your advice is go there in November? How is the weather there in November? Hopefully it is NOT too warm.....I hate the humid heat in HK during summer. Have you been to Tahiti?

Thanks! I'll sure give it a careful consideration.

I would go there between May and November avoiding the "wet season" when the wildlife gets considerably more frisky, and the humidity a lot higher.

It is still warm there as it has a tropical climate.

I have not been to Fiji/Tahiti etc.

Renotommy likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast