Scuba-diving Cebu (Easter Weekend)

Closed Thread

Scuba-diving Cebu (Easter Weekend)

Hi,

Anyone interested to go scuba-diving in Cebu over the Easter weekend?

I am PADI certifed (open-water) and am thinking about a 5-day dive trip there - leaving on Mar 30/31 and coming back on Apr 5/6.

Let me know if you are interested. Cheers!

Be aware that the Philippines observes lenten season / holy week / easter holidays. It is a religious holiday observed specially in Cebu.

Therefore make sure that "shops" and businesses are open as most would be closed. you don't want to be stuck in your hotel room

fyi -

I've been to Boracy during the Holy week and everything was generally open. I'm off to Bohol this Easter and have been assured things will be open during Holy Week.

I think you will be OK in Cebu for dive shops and hotels to be open, however it will be busy as many locals will be on holiday, so you need to book up quickly (I found this to be an issue for Bohol).

BTW Cebu Pacific is actually pretty cheap at the moment. We got our flights for under HK$2,500 return to Cebu with them during the Holy Week.

Hi All,

I'm interested in the diving trip to Philippines, let's meet up one of these days to further discuss?

I have been to Bohol, Pangol Island - Seaquest Dive Resort stayed there too did the PADI OW.

Nice place, water visibilty good, fodd good but no night life.

Hey, just to add, you might also want to check out Coron on Palawan. I didn't actually dive there due to lack of time, but there is a whole fleet of Japanese warships shipwrecked there, about 20 in all I think. A couple of them actually break the surface, so you can explore them just snorkelling - it's great, but I'd love to go back and do some wreck dives! Palawan is fantastic as well in general, so maybe an idea for a future trip!