finding a hotel

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by newsense:
    Lately I've found agoda.com to have generally the best rates. Likewise, they cover hotels throughout Asia. You also earn moneyback points whenever you book, which you can use against future bookings. They're suprisingly good if you use it a lot. I used to use Asiarooms, but you can no longer pay online with them. They claim that your booking is 'guaranteed' and you pay on arrival, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few less reputable hotels didn't honour always honour that...
    Agoda's rate usually dont include taxes, charges etc. So the rate you see when searching for a hotel is not the final rate you actually have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveD:
    Agoda's rate usually dont include taxes, charges etc. So the rate you see when searching for a hotel is not the final rate you actually have to pay.
    Yeah that is true and something to be aware of... nonetheless, even with tax added I find them usually very competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnybarrie10:
    Hello,
    My fiance and I are visiting HK in early April. I am pricing a two week stay at a hotel near Monkok. Do you have any ideals which is the best website to book or should we just book it directly with the hotel?

This is our second time coming to HK after being away for 3 years. Last time we were there in St. Paddy's day and we had a great time in Len Kwai Fong.

Thank you for your input!

Usually booking directly with the hotel is expensiver then with a travel agent......but it really has to depend on if the travel agent has a direct contract with the hotel in order to get a gd deal....so you really have to compare the prices with different agents before you click on the button, HK local agents would be cheaper as their markups are not too high.

What grading of hotels are you looking for? Lagham Place, Royal Park in MK is quite good and within the MK busy shopping area which is only walks away from the lady market and shopping centres, temple street is also just few bus stops/MTR stops away