finding a hotel

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

finding a hotel

Hello,
    My fiance and I are visiting HK in early April. I am pricing a two week stay at a hotel near Monkok. Do you have any ideals which is the best website to book or should we just book it directly with the hotel?

This is our second time coming to HK after being away for 3 years. Last time we were there in St. Paddy's day and we had a great time in Len Kwai Fong.

Thank you for your input!

you could use this for reference and see if you can get anything better from local travel agents.

Mong Kok Hotels Kowloon, Hotels in Mong Kok, Hotels Discount in Mong Kok Kowloon, Hotels in Mong Kok, Kowloon Hotels Mong Kok

Google: Hong Kong hotel association

and click hotel information

A lot of hotel chains now offer the best (ie cheapest) rates through their own websites, but if you're also looking to book a flight, then you're better off checking travel websites too.

Try expedia, zuji, opodo (not sure if they're still running) among others. It's a pain to have to do this, but you'll eventually get the best combination of flight and room rates this way.

I always find a great deal on hotels (in Hong Kong) from Wotif.com: Hotels, Accommodation, Motels, Serviced Apartments, B&B - Online hotel bookings with instant confirmation. Not sure how good it is for other countries.

Zuji.com is still running. Try Showfares.com as well, they've got pretty decent rates.

As above, I use wotif too.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    As above, I use wotif too.
    Me too, Wotif is much better than Asiarooms, Zuji etc. Decent rates not only for HK hotels, but also for Thailand, Singapore etc. There is a German site called HRS - HOTEL RESERVATION SERVICE. Sometimes they have very special deals, worth to check it out.

But I wouldnt book my hotel now if I were you. Wait until late February / early March.

Lately I've found agoda.com to have generally the best rates. Likewise, they cover hotels throughout Asia. You also earn moneyback points whenever you book, which you can use against future bookings. They're suprisingly good if you use it a lot. I used to use Asiarooms, but you can no longer pay online with them. They claim that your booking is 'guaranteed' and you pay on arrival, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few less reputable hotels didn't honour always honour that...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast