Like Tree4Likes

Flights to Beijing

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

With travelzen.com you can avoid the creditcard surcharge that ctrip and elong charge.

Remember to add on the cost in time and $ of getting to Shenzhen airport from Hong Kong - around 90 minutes and HK$100.

Football16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    I've used Ctrip a few times. Last flight I booked was to Fuzhou. As it was for a flight within 3 days cost from HK was $3,450 and from SZ was ¥1600. As I was travelling on my own penny at the time for a potential new customer the extra bit of travelling to SZ was worth it.
    Presumably:

- These are r/t fares
    - The ex-HKG $3,450 fare was also from Ctrip

Dragonair Economy to HKG-FOC for min. 2 days/max 7 days starts at approx. HKD 1,7xx/- (incl. airport tax and fuel surcharge).

That is already less than the Ctrip fare from SZX-FOC to which you have to add on HKD 200/- for your bus ride from Elements to SZX and back.

That said, Ctrip may be better for destinations like Shenyang, Nanjing, Tianjin, etc. which are expensive from HKG and other destinations where KA/CX or other mainland carriers do not fly to.

KA/CX are worth a check before going straight to ctrip, elong and travelzen.
    Posted via Mobile Device

That was ctrip v dragonair at the time and was a late booking for a flight in and out same day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

I've used ctrip several times also and flown from Shenzhen - the cost has always been significantly less than from HK (and I'm a frequent flier so I get alot of benefits flying cathay or dragonair .... it takes quite a discount to drag me to Shenzhen!). Guangzhou is even cheaper, by the way, but takes much longer/complexity to get there. We did that once (280RMB to Hainan Island o/w, wow!) but wanted to see Guangzhou anyway so it was worth it.

Last edited by MovingIn07; 16-02-2010 at 10:37 PM.

One thing I have done to Beijing and Shanghai for leisure trips which I paid personally was flew from HK and got a package deal through China Travel and these hotels deals made it worth it from HK.

Not sure about SZ travel and hotel packages though.

The package deals tend to work much better for two people travelling together though in my experience.

Just been told of a site (Chinese only) called 机票,机票查询,特价机票,打折机票,航 查询-去哪儿旅游搜索引擎Qunar.com which is kind of like Tripadvisor for hotels where you can get room rates (air fares in this case) from a number of websites in a single search.

If you enter the city name in English, it will translate that into Chinese, making it easier to work out the fares for non-Chinese reading people.

I haven't tried it, but some friends just flew from Tianjin to Guangzhou for RMB 800 last Saturday, which I think is quite low for the CNY weekend.

Last edited by Dreadnought; 17-02-2010 at 01:37 AM.