Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crocodile

South Africa during Easter 2010

Closed Thread

South Africa during Easter 2010

Need help and advise from people who have travelled to SA from Hongkong. Any recommendations for a Travel agent in HKG. Who can help me book a tour.

Hoping to travel during Easter and Visit the Kruger park as well. Any recommendations..

Tks in advance.

I did this last year in January.
    Booked it all on my own though - no travel agent.

Flew Cathay into J'burg.
    Changed planes to Nespruit (sp?) and hired a car - drove into KNP for 5 nights.
    You can book Kruger on line - their website is very helpful and it will help you work out how many nights you may want to stay there. It is awesome - the accommodation there is fantastic.
    I also stayed at Sun City for a few nights.

Tks!! that was quick!! Was checking some of the old post..
    I am travelling with my daughter ( 9 yrs ) just the 2 of us..
    I checked the Kruger site and sent a message across as well and waiting for info.. I have tentatively booked my flights and wanted to know if I could book the complete tour and avoid the hassel since it is going to be 2 females..

I didn't really see any organised tours in Kruger.

You can hire a car and drive in - it is well signposted and marked and there are good roads.

It is safe and you cannot drive at night.

If you book your car and accommodation (I can't recommend the "camps" highly enough!) you can't go wrong. There are good restaurants at each campsite along with small shops where you can by anything you might need (along with books and local made products). It is very very well organised and run. You can book morning or night tours at each camp which go for 3hrs (about) so you don't have to do all the driving (you can book these before you go, or book when you get there).

I think i stayed at Satara and Lower Sabie Camps - two nights in each, but I can't quite remember.
    Your daughter will have an absolute fantastic time, as will you.

I am no expert on KNP, but I am happy to answer any questions you might have - just message me.

KESS likes this.

Tks a lot for the information.