Philippine Travel Agency? (for Boracay booking)

Closed Thread

Philippine Travel Agency? (for Boracay booking)

Hi,
    I've recently been planning a trip to Boracay for the first weekend of March. After some surfing on the net, it seems that the most cost effective way to go is to just book the flight the to Manila through an HK agent (or internet), and then book a package for the hotel and flight from Manila to Catlican. It seems to be a few hundred USD cheaper then booking a complete package through an HK agent.

Only problem is that I have no idea if these Philippine travel agencies advertising on the internet are legitimate and are trustworthy. Does anyone know of a phillipine travel agency that has good deals and is trust worthy? Ideally one that takes credit card too (prefer not to have to arrange TT if possible)?

Thanks for any help you can give!

This is a HK agency, but they have the best deals I've found.

http://packages.com.hk

If you know where you want to stay, contact the resort and ask them if they have packages or can recommend an agent.

Just book all the way to Caticlan on Philippine Airlines, but it must be done in two trasactions international HK-MNL-HK and MNL-CAT-MNL.

Then all you have to do is find a resort/hotel to pick you up.

This way worked for me.

East and West Travel Limited in CWB, phone:2576 9053

Is Caticlan airport open again?

The way we did it was to book through Cebu Pacific, worked out cheaper than Philippine Airlines. Back then I had to do two separate bookings, one to Manila and then one to Caticlan from Manila. Now Cebu Pacific will let you do it all through one booking.

I then arranged with my hotel the transfers from Caticlan airport to Boracay (which involves a short ride to the ferry terminal and then the short ferry ride). Worked out much cheaper than going through an agent.