Cheap accomodation (week) in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cheap accomodation (week) in HK

Looking for recommendation on cheap accomodation in HK for a week; for a guy backpacking around.

Ummm sorry to nitpick here dearting but you say in your other thread you want a female flatmate but you're happy to offer your room for a week to a guy?

If you are on budget, you can try Chungking Mansion. I stayed there for 2 nights my very first time I came to HK (at that time was student on budget), and it is ideally located in TST...sure it is not a nice guesthouse like you could find in China or South East Asia, but if what you are looking for is just a bed for a night or two it might be enough (at that time on night cost me less than a 100 HKD..it was 5 years ago)

The rentaroom folks only do monthly rentals. Search the forums....

Chungking remains the backpacker heaven.

try this if it's a lastminute booking
    http://b2b.ratestogo.com/enter.asp?id=35091
    or for hostels try this

Thumbs up Check out this for free

www.globalfreeloaders.com

My friend is in HK and offers her house to travelling females. She has had some great guests through this website.

The best thing about it is that it allows travelers to interact with the "local" people - those that live here in HK so to speak.
    Last edited by Alby; 08-01-2006 at 04:32 PM. Reason: website didn't appear when first posted

You might also want to try Mirador Mansions - there are a number of guesthouses there too. One of my friends stays in one routinely and he's negotiated a good rate there, something like 100 HK a day for a private room.

I have been to London last year and I was so lucky that I could stay at a local family's house. The host treated me soooooooooooooooooo well and offered me such a low price after knowing that I was just a student. I must stress that such experience had made me truly realise how helpful, considerate, caring, and fabulous the westerners are. Even now I am back to HK, I would never forget the host family's wholehearted welcome and helpfulness. But in fact, I just like to express that I genuinely understand staying at an indigenous family's home is a much more better experience than staying at a hotel. Tourists always feel warmer at someone's home.

Quote Originally Posted by krypton:
    Looking for recommendation on cheap accomodation in HK for a week; for a guy backpacking around.
    Try www.hostels.com

i stayed in hk budget hostel with 2 friends from denmark and the room was pretty cheap... ard 14+ usd per person per nite which is really a gd deal. The location's gd (just 1 street away from the MTR exit), the place is cleaned daily, it has aircon and hot waters for showering.

Sincere house in mong kok (kowloon area in hongkong) house quite a few "hostels". Check that site for reviews and u shld be able to find one that suits ur needs.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast