Like Tree5Likes

3 Yr Multi Entry China Visa

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

For future reference, the hard copy of the form is the same as the pdf copy linked on their website. Permanent HKID card holders use the same form, but also take a copy of their HKID when applying and tell the counter clerk that they want a 3 year multi entry.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    There's 1 application form. If you've had a 3 year visa, they should give you another. I haven't had a problem getting a 3 year visa. Tip, fill out the form in advance, and you can jump the queue at the visa office. They only give out tickets to people who have completed forms.
    Sometimes u can get 3 year multi (apply frm china travel), unlimited, but u need the HKID w/ permanent resi and helps, if u hv previous, multi entry visa / business type. They need yr HKID card, previous passport w/ multi entry visa stamp. takes about 5 days, cost was hkd 1280, 2 1/2 yrs ago.
    cheers.
    Last edited by dennis1188; 15-08-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Here is the form - Visa Application Form

Its a nice form and it doesn't have option for 3 years multiple entry visa.

APEC Card, I think its for business users and need to show frequent visits at short notice - may be asked to give some justification for application - The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

From what friends have told me recently China Travel charges way over the actual visa cost to do it for you, so you are throwing money away, unless you are happy to pay double for going to their offices instead of the visa office.

drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis1188:
    Sometimes u can get 3 year multi (apply frm china travel), unlimited, but u need the HKID w/ permanent resi and helps, if u hv previous, multi entry visa / business type. They need yr HKID card, previous passport w/ multi entry visa stamp. takes about 5 days, cost was hkd 1280, 2 1/2 yrs ago.
    cheers.
    btw, the prices has increased since june 2011 to around HK$2200 for a 3 year, presume it will be in the region of HK3,500 from an agency, ie, cts

Quote Originally Posted by curlyv:
    From what friends have told me recently China Travel charges way over the actual visa cost to do it for you, so you are throwing money away, unless you are happy to pay double for going to their offices instead of the visa office.
    Does anyone, know if this is 'cheaper' fee if done at the Wanchai China Visa office
    (in china resources bldg). If China Travel is now charging hkd 2200 / 3 yr ( for usa pp holders).
    thx
    Last edited by dennis1188; 16-08-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis1188:
    Does anyone, know if this is 'cheaper' fee if done at the Wanchai China Visa office
    (in china resources bldg). If China Travel is now charging hkd 2200 / 3 yr ( for usa pp holders).
    thx

Yes, it will be cheaper not using an intermediary to do this. Check the Commissioner's Office prices.

But what I have seen posted here is some stuff about how CTS can get longer visas than if you go direct. I find that information personally very suspect and I'd take that with a ton of salt. But I am not sure.
    dennis1188 likes this.

I've had a few 3 yr muiltiple entry visas to date and got them all from the Wanchai Visa Office. It definitely costs less there. Also, the cost is dependent on your nationality. I think US passport holders are the most expensive.

dennis1188 likes this.