View Poll Results: Do you Lock Suitcases to the US?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, use a TSA approved lock

5 29.41%
  • Yes, use a regular lock

1 5.88%
  • No, do not lock

11 64.71%
Like Tree1Likes

Travelling to the US, locking suitcases

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Travelling to the US, locking suitcases

Am a little confused with all that's happened in the travel industry, are people still locking their suitcases to the US? I heard that you need to purchase TSA locks, which the US customs can open, or if you do use other locks, they will break them.

Where do you get TSA locks in HK?

Any travel accessory shop will sell you TSA locks I'd have thought. I've certainly bought them here, but I can't remember where.

I wonder how secure the TSA locks are anyway? If US customs can open them, probably any idiot with a screwdriver can.

I take the view that putting valuables in the hold is asking for them to be stolen. Any thief who wants my dirty undies is welcome to them.... A lock just means the thief will cut the bag, which is worse!

Am not too worried about people stealing stuff. I just don't want people putting their "stuff" in our bags.

They're quite happy to break TSA locks too, so I would only bother securing your suitcase with a cable tie or similar.

Mr Moo, that's a good idea. Thx

I'd never heard of people putting stuff in bags to the USA ... out of Thailand perhaps? But is it real or an urban legend?

If you ask some Australians locked up in Bali for 20 years, its true! (They claim airport baggage handlers put it there).

And then you hear of Airport staff, wanting to bomb the NY subway. Makes you wonder. Plus I watched 4 episodes of 24 last night....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast