Quality Hotels in Central

Closed Thread

Quality Hotels in Central

I am in HK for 1 night on Sunday for some meeting around Central and Wanchai first thing Monday morning.

Apart from the usual suspects (Mandarin Orientel, Shangri-La etc) is there anything Good at a reasonable price within 5-10 minutes distance from Central.

Living in China teaches you that the same quality as a western Hotel which costs say 2500 RMB per nite can also be achieved for less than a 1000 RMB if you are prepared to look hard enough and get some local advice.

So anyone out there have a good place to recommend ?

Thanks in advance

Shak

Try one of the Wanchai hotels... the Novotel etc are cheaper and you can always offer to meet your contacts at the Mo Bar in Mandarin and pretend you're staying there.

Cheers

exactly the kinda info I was looking at, and no worries about the meeting places.

they are in their offices anyway.

any other names to share in that area ?

Shak

Mandarin closed down for renovation no?

You can also try 'THE RITZ-CARLTON, HONG KONG' hotel. This hotel is located in Central.

The address:
    3 Connaught Road
    Central, Hong Kong
    Tel: 852 2877 6666

Hope it does help.

Wharney in Wanchai ... right next to Fenwicks...

Quote Originally Posted by Shak:
    Cheers

exactly the kinda info I was looking at, and no worries about the meeting places.

they are in their offices anyway.

any other names to share in that area ?

Shak
    Shak, don't know where you come from. Comparatively speaking I would say 3* hotels or upwards in HK are very livable. 4* hotels in England would be equivalent to 3* in HK. I never knew the qualify of HK hotels are so great compared to lots of western hotels until I moved to England. (most of the hotels I have been in Europe so called 4* nothing like the 3* in HK. so I wouldn't spend too much money looking for 4 or 5* in HK