Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By PDLM

Cheap CX business class fares ex-TPE

Closed Thread

Cheap CX business class fares ex-TPE

Just an FYI if anyone wants to go long haul in May or June, prefers business class and has a few hours on their hands then there are some excellent fares available on CX ex-TPE; on sale now until 16 April, for travel 1 May to 20 June.

For example, TPE-xHKG-SFO-xHKG-TPE in J is less than HK$20,000+taxes. TPE-xHKG-LHR-oHKG-TPE in J is HK$21,500+taxes.

The idea is that you use miles to fly to Taipei, turn straight round and come back on the J ticket. In principle you can overnight in HK (although persuading the online booking system to do that is tricky), but you must fly on to the destination with 24 hours of arriving in HKG. On the way back the USA tickets don't allow a stopover in HKG, so you just throw away the HKG-TPE sector; the Europe tickets do allow a stopover on the way back. The tickets are mileage-earning and mileage-upgradable if you fancy First.

Details on Cathay's website here.

How do you get those prices? When I search for SFO it shows 78k in business and 23k in eco. LHR is even more expensive.

Those prices are in TWD! (The flights are departing Taipei, so you need to pay in TWD - I just converted to HK$ because I thought that would make it easier for people!)

The economy prices aren't worth the trip up there.

Red face

Ups, should have seen that ...