Top Ten Things to do in Bangkok

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

A good deal...?? Holy chowowa! Thailand is the land of good deals...

I checked out this recommended SPA place http://www.katathani.com/index.html
    in Phuket. It's around 50GBP perroom ! They do lots of packages aswell. Banyan tree looks amazing, but I dont think its worth 5 times as much.

Also Bangkok just has a multitude of stuff. Some fantastic looking hotels like metropolitan and Sukothai for around 60GBP perroom. Lots of 4* for around 30GBP too.

Are you going from Blighty or HK? I have looked at flights and internal flights are around 50GBP. Round trip flights from Hong Kong are less than 100GBP all inc.

Have a look at expedia for flights. Check out asiarooms.com for hotels.

As for things to do.......have no idea.....not been there..... yet.

We will just be sticking to Bangkok... going from HK (thats where we are right now lollllll )
    Will defo check them out... just planning to go for a long weekend!

Just dont buy any second-hand ping-pong balls!

Bangkok

Hi,

Not in any particular order but definitely need to have drinks or dinner at Scirrocco (State Towers, Silom Road). The view of Bangkok from the roof top is amazing!

Visit Chatuchak Weekend Market but be prepared to haggle, visit MBK and ride in a Tuk Tuk.

Jim Thompson House
    Wat Po
    Wat Arun

Don't go to the zoo!!

Whats wrong with the zoo???

Just got back...

...from a 3 night break in Bangkok. Thoroughly recommended. For the record, we managed the following:

Friday - arrived late (nightmare traffic!), had a great Thai meal and cocktails at our hotel on Sathorn Rd

Saturday - up early, down to Oriental Hotel pier, river taxi to Pier #9, tour round the Palace and Wat ???, tuk-tuk round the corner to Wat Pho (much quieter place than the Palace), ferry back to the Oriental for cocktails, lunch around Silom Rd (Sala Daeng Cafe - good value Thai), lazy afternoon, more cocktails and off to Lumpini night market and live Thai boxing (pricey tickets but good atmosphere and cheap beer).

Sunday - up really early (6.30), driven to the floating markets then a quick stop at a wood craft/ furniture workshop, a longer stop at Sing City (old Khmer ruins), lunch overlooking the river Kwai then off to the Tiger Temple to cuddle some (sedated I suspect) tigers before a 3 hour drive back to Bangkok. More Thai food and cocktails!

Monday - long lazy breakfast, bit of shopping around Siam Center before being transferred back to the airport by suicidal taxi driver (upgraded on Cathay tho )

Today - back to work

you can get a good local hotel there for under 1000baht/night.

here's a guide i used before i went back in september.
    http://www.bangkokbob.net/

and remember to look, don't touch

Emirates airline has a good deal to Bangkok - HK$1,300 on line. However, only one flight a day. So much to do there......
    - Many places to eat - Seafood Market, Oishi Japanese buffet, etc...
    - Take a cruise along the Chao Phraya River / Dinner cruise
    - Canal trips
    - Visit the Grand Palace - Bangkok's signature landmark
    - Temple of the Emerald Buddha
    - Thai boxing - Lumpini Stadium
    - Thai massage / spa
    - Nightlife - Patpong / Soi Cowboy / Nana
    - Classical dance shows
    - Joe Louis Puppet theatre
    - Chatuchak weekend market
    - Suanlum night bazar
    - Floating market
    - Crocodile farm
    and more.....

can check out the newest mega mall - Siam Paragon. although, it's fill w/ high-end shops, Chanel, Hermes, Tod's, Fendi, etc. (who is gonna buy it in BKK ), their food court and supermarket is awesome. food court is MUCH better than the overhyped Food Loft at Central Dept. store.

must visit Suan Lum Night Bazaar and have some drinks in the beer garden while watching some very entertaining acts.

Chatuchak (aka, JJ) for out of this world flea market - sharpen up your bargaining skills (only open on Sat & Sun).

Massage, massage & more massage. very popular is Let's Relax - highly recommend their Hot Stone Massage (service is ok, good skills but sometimes serviced w/ long face!). dvn spa is top notch - excellent environment & service - highly recommend the Flourishing Four Hands Massage - you guessed it - 2 masseuses at your service. it's absolutely heavenly.

if you are brave enough, eating in little stalls on the street offers you the true taste of Thailand. sure, hygiene wise, it's not too desirable but it won't kill you!!

i think you should do at least 5d/4n to really enjoy BKK. hope this helps