Volcanic Disruption, Air Travel Hong Kong.

Closed Thread

Volcanic Disruption, Air Travel Hong Kong.

Hi Everybody,
    I was one of the lucky ones and was only delayed 24hrs coming in from Sharm el Sheik,however talking to one the guys at work,he told me his sister's mate was kicked out of there hotel and informed to get in touch with the British Consul for advice, He went on to say that they where sent to a tented camp area,as a emergency measure until the UK airspace was open, can anybody confirm this,or is it a wind up??????

Many Thanks
    Tony.

Sharm el Sheikh is in Egypt, isn't it? How would we know about it?

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Sharm el Sheikh is in Egypt, isn't it? How would we know about it?
    Sorry for the confusion, i should have been more clear,I was talking about the Hong Kong situ,that where my friends mate was trying to get back from to the UK.

haven't heard of any such thing... think it's a wind up. it's not like hk is short on hotel rooms...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mac:
    Sorry for the confusion, i should have been more clear,I was talking about the Hong Kong situ,that where my friends mate was trying to get back from to the UK.
    I thought the thread heading title was the clue friend,coming back for a second final visit in late September/October to finish of what i started last year,looking forward to it,cheers all round.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    haven't heard of any such thing... think it's a wind up. it's not like hk is short on hotel rooms...
    Yep did sound funny when i heard,possible may have run out of money and put up in some emergency digs by the Consul people till they could get home????.