Ko Samet

Closed Thread

Ko Samet

Hi,

We are off to Thailand in 7 days and planning on heading to Ko Samet for our short break..

Anyone been there that can recommend a beach hut or at least the best beach to stay?? We don't want anything fancy accomodation wise, and don't want the beach to be too built up.. relaxing during the day but not totally isolated at night..

Any ideas??

Thanks

I have been to Ko Samed. It is a nice place to totally relax.

As for the accomodation I would recommend you to take the resorts more land inwards. We stayed in Ao Prao Resort which was ok, not too fancy neither too isolated. Ao Prao is located at a beach with several resorts with it. Most of them looked fine to me.
    We went for snorkling, spa treatment, scootering and sun bathing of course.
    Ko Samed is not as popular as Ko Samui, nontheless worht visiting.

If you book a stay, make sure the hotel to pick you up from wherever you are. You have to pay something like 100 baht to enter the small town.

ONe tip: go to Ploy Samed restaurant. A very excellent restaurant if you like thai seafood. Prices are ok. The floating restaurant is located at the seaside and you need to ring a bell in order to get there. (Dont put any expensive stuff under the dinner table!)

Have fun!

http://www.phuket-discovery.com/samed_hotels.htm