Hong Kong to Beijing and Shanghai

Closed Thread

Hong Kong to Beijing and Shanghai

Hi all
    I am leaving hk in August, so want to go to Beijing and Shanghai before I go for a few days, I was thinking around the 16th July
    But want to try and make it from HK to Beijing and then to Shanghai (or other way round) and back again for under 4000hkd, is this possible?
    Can anyone suggest any cheapy airlines that go from HK or SZ?

Take a look at [url=http://www.ctrip.com]Я

OK - second attempt ... don't know what happened to my post above!

I was trying to say that (the website you can just about see in the post above) had good deals for domestic chinese flights, so from SHenzhen to Beijing and/or Shanghai and between the two. I hope this post works!

You can also do this by train - but probably harder to organise and takes longer and frankly, at ctrip prices, not a great deal of saving in money.

If you do it well you can do it (train) for less than 1000 HKD...but that means hard seats and the like...

The very first thing you should NOT do is to take a plane from HK.

Fly from Shenzhen (that way you pay Domestic Tax and not International tax + the flights are cheaper)...

You may be lucky and find cheap flights from HK but on average, flying from Shenzhen is cheaper.

Then as provided by Moving above C-Trip has plenty of cheap flights (Shenzhen - Beijing, Beijing - Shanghai, Shanghai - Shenzhen) on offer...

From HK the cheapest airlines will be HK Express and China Eastern Airlines, followed by Shanghai airline for example...

If from Hong Kong, look for an open jaw return - fly to Beijing and back from Shanghai, with overnight train in between.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    If from Hong Kong, look for an open jaw return - fly to Beijing and back from Shanghai, with overnight train in between.
    indeed and the train Beijing - Shanghai is "perfect" leave late afternoon and arrive early morning so no waste of time.

thanks all for the comments, just wondering about what price will it come to, say if I get a return to Shanghai, and a train to Beijing and back (or just fly to shanghai, then beijing and then back to shen zhen)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrsconnolly:
    thanks all for the comments, just wondering about what price will it come to, say if I get a return to Shanghai, and a train to Beijing and back (or just fly to shanghai, then beijing and then back to shen zhen)
    Well why don't you look at all the resources we provided and work it out? You do know that plane ticket prices change every day, don't you? Do abit of homework!

China train timetable gives fairly accurate train times and prices. No need to use their online booking service.

Elong flights and Ctrip flights - generally book late for cheapest prices internally in China.

A chinese website qunar.com lists the ticket prices from most online travel websites. Right now China Southern has the lowest price SZ to BJ. 848RMB July 16th. But in June the lowest price is 502RMB.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrsconnolly:
    Hi all
    I am leaving hk in August, so want to go to Beijing and Shanghai before I go for a few days, I was thinking around the 16th July
    But want to try and make it from HK to Beijing and then to Shanghai (or other way round) and back again for under 4000hkd, is this possible?
    Can anyone suggest any cheapy airlines that go from HK or SZ?