What are your Easter travel plans??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What are your Easter travel plans??

Wondering if people are thinking of traveling away from HK during the easter break. I'm thinking of taking a couple more extra days off too and want to know where are good destinations since I'm sure it's about time to start bookings and all that.

Siem Reap seems to be a popular destination being advertised, has anybody been? I personally am considering a relaxing resort type vacation with good food, nice beaches and at least some activities to get me through the day ( I can only have so much of staring at palm trees). And perhaps any suggestions of places with good spas?

I've had the Philippines in mind, Cebu and Boracay and maybe dropping by Manila since I haven't even been. Don't know if I should do both islands or is going to one of them enough? How's Langkawi? Well, whoever has been to a place worthy of going to let me know! Also if you know of any travel agents with decently priced packages. They all seem to range in the HKD2000-3000 bracket but if there are ones I can get a really good deal on I'll like to know. I just need a free & easy that includes airfare and hotel. Thanks!!
    Last edited by Mariposita; 06-03-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Mat

Going to Korea for 5 days...Do not really know what to expect. Let see when I am there.

Mariposita --

If you are dreaming of a relaxing Easter holiday, forget Boracay. I LOVE Boracay, but not during the Easter weeks. It's as if EVERYONE from Manila is there (plus everyone else from Germany and Taiwan). It's going to be a long holiday in Manila, too, see, so all the yuppies head to the white sands of Boracay. There's bound to be a party EVERY night, and a swimsuit competition before that; and the fare & accommodation rates are usually much higher during those times.

But, if you think all THAT is tolerable for you, then by all means -- GO to Boracay. What's there to do? Nighttime is, of course, reserved for dancing and singing. Daytime can find you sunbathing while watching kids crate very detailed sand sculptures; snorkelling (or if you are staying for more than 3 days -- diving); island hopping via motorized boat; shopping (actual and window.. but with the prices, you can do MORE of the first ;-); banana-boat riding (FUN!); hang-gliding (argh, I don't know the correct term ..); eating; getting a henna tattoo; getting a full body massage; spa ... ooops, did I forget swimming? ;-)

Hope this helps...

:-D

Last edited by donabel_beltran; 06-03-2006 at 11:48 AM.

I was thinking cambodia or thailand ,but flights area already pretty booked

Quote Originally Posted by donabel_beltran:
    Mariposita --

If you are dreaming of a relaxing Easter holiday, forget Boracay. I LOVE Boracay, but not during the Easter weeks. It's as if EVERYONE from Manila is there (plus everyone else from Germany and Taiwan). It's going to be a long holiday in Manila, too, see, so all the yuppies head to the white sands of Boracay. There's bound to be a party EVERY night, and a swimsuit competition before that; and the fare & accommodation rates are usually much higher during those times.

But, if you think all THAT is tolerable for you, then by all means -- GO to Boracay. What's there to do? Nighttime is, of course, reserved for dancing and singing. Daytime can find you sunbathing while watching kids crate very detailed sand sculptures; snorkelling (or if you are staying for more than 3 days -- diving); island hopping via motorized boat; shopping (actual and window.. but with the prices, you can do MORE of the first ;-); banana-boat riding (FUN!); hang-gliding (argh, I don't know the correct term ..); eating; getting a henna tattoo; getting a full body massage; spa ... ooops, did I forget swimming? ;-)

Hope this helps...

:-D
    Dona!! Thanks for the detailed rundown. It was extremely useful. I guess Easter break is kinda bad everywhere...hmmm But you do make Boracay sound really nice now!

Off to Boston!

For the Gladwell meet?

A couple of years ago we went to Kota for a few days and took the flight and hotel option. We stayed in the Shangri-La on the beach a couple of nights and the Shangri La in town a couple of nights. Good value, lots to do and easy flights.
    It is adviseable to stay away from Christian countries during Easter as the locals will be out to play- at least other countries it will only be the tourists!

Lammarite - Kota does sound like a good option. Are the beaches nice?

thinking about going to hainan island, maybe easter, maybe the next week, whenever. Anyone been there before?

>> For the Gladwell meet?

Yeah, I get to have dinner with Malcolm Gladwell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast