Looking for nice spot near Ubud Bali

Closed Thread

Looking for nice spot near Ubud Bali

Im taking my wife for romantic trip to Bali and Looking for a small house or Villa that we can rent. Where we can cook afew meals. Any ideas?

Thanks Mr Longtail

The are around Ubud is really nice, but where-ever you go around there you will get Monkey visitors, and the ones that wander the furthest from the monkey forest tend to be more aggressive in their nature.

I'd advise avoiding the south of Bali - particulary Kuta, and looking towards the northern parts of the island. Your best bet to find a good location for a romantic get away is to ask on a forum like the thorn tree http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/ca...s.cfm?catid=23 - though this is primarily for travellers, my experience is that a lot of the people who actually answer questions either live there or have done in the past...

If you want to see the island, my suggestion would be to befriend a local and offer them a reasonable amount (a few hundred HK$) to get them to show you the island. This way you can get to see the parts that arent covered in backpackers and you may even get to see their home village. However, you should be wary that their are a lot of people who will offer to show you about will take you an art gallery where you will be badgered into buying something, or to an impoverished village where they will try and get money out of you...

However, it is a beautiful and relaxing island, good luck

Last edited by Laughing_Monkey; 09-03-2006 at 07:06 PM.

Thumbs up

I just returned from Bali Last month and rented a fantastic little villa called Green T house.
    It was only $35 USD a night with wonderful staff.

It was in a quite village near Ubud with a beautiful Pool and rice field views.

here is their link.

http://www.escapebali.com/

PM me for more info. Have Fun!

looks nice.... are there a lot of monkeys around....

and is it child friendly... I have a 2 yr old monkey *strike* son...