Like Tree7Likes

Which Airline would you fly with from UK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Be aware BA have got union problems at the moment, and there are a series of proposed strikes where the number of aircraft will be reduced if there go ahead.

Danish likes this.

Thank you all for your quick replies.

I have just spotted that you can buy extra baggage allowance with Virgin. I don't think you are allowed with any other airline. Have any of you tried them?

You can always pay for excess baggage with any airline. The "rack rate" is normally 1% of the full First class fare per kilo, but some of them have other deals.

You can also send unaccompanied baggage separately, for example with Excess baggage, unaccompanied luggage, worldwide, by sea freight or air freight.

Are you flying direct from LHR? If not, and you've got a connecting flight from another UK airport then flying BA is much easier since you land in terminal 5 and leave from terminal 5. Not all the other airlines have partner airlines so you have the possible hassle of checking in again, changing terminal, etc. Having said that, there's not much else going for BA...and even worse now with the strikes...

Danish likes this.

I have flown Jet airways quite a few times, but not to/fro London, still I think Jet has really fantastic service. I always enjoyed flying with them.
    But then I never flown virgin/BA etc so can't compare.

AirNZ in either Y or J. Their J is superior to all but Virgin (to which it is identical) and far superior to CX.

It's also often much cheaper for both class.

If you cannot afford J but want a 'little extra' their premium economy is worth looking at... I think you get J class luggage allowance too (check that) and J class food, and a bit bigger seat and quieter cabin, all for a couple of hundred bucks extra over the Y class cost.

Last edited by MovingIn07; 12-05-2010 at 09:22 PM.

I agree. I find the service on Jet to be far better than Cathay or BA. I wish they flew from HK to NA.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    You can always pay for excess baggage with any airline. The "rack rate" is normally 1% of the full First class fare per kilo, but some of them have other deals.

You can also send unaccompanied baggage separately, for example with Excess baggage, unaccompanied luggage, worldwide, by sea freight or air freight.
    Yes but excess baggage gets very expensive very quick. I have just found that with Virgin you can pre-book an extra suitcase for only £32

Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup

I have spoken to Cathay and they say 1 bag and any extra is charged as excess.

I am relocating so I am hoping to take as much with me on the flight as possible so I don't have to wait 70 days for the rest to come by Seven Seas.

I can easily travel from any London Airport as I am based just outside London.

Roughly how much do you want to ship?

I have got 6 boxes booked with 7 seas already but am having a hard time cutting down my clothes, shoes, makeup etc required for 2 months to 23kg.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast