Shanghai trip

Closed Thread

Shanghai trip

Hi,

Was wondering if you guys can help me with my Shanghai trip:

1. flight: was told that Shenzhen-Shanghai is cheaper than HK-Shanghai. Was are typical prices? how to book?

2. going to Shenzhen: what is the cheapest way / easiest way?

3. visa : do i need a regular china visa or can i use the shenzhen only (if i go through shenzhen)? what is the cheapest way to get it in hk?

Thanks!

1. Shenzhen-Shanghai I usually pay around RMB500, 800-900 from Shanghai to Shenzhen. You need to buy in Shenzhen through a local travel agency and you need someone talking in Chinese and better living in Shenzhen for buying it cause usually tickets are bought 2-3 days in advance;
    2. KCR to Lowu and then passing border. From Kowloon Tong HKD33.00
    3. Looking in the net for Chinese Visa in HKG. You need a normal Visa, cause with the Shenzhen visa you cannot even reach the Shenzhen airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbybo:
    1. Shenzhen-Shanghai I usually pay around RMB500, 800-900 from Shanghai to Shenzhen. You need to buy in Shenzhen through a local travel agency and you need someone talking in Chinese and better living in Shenzhen for buying it cause usually tickets are bought 2-3 days in advance;
    2. KCR to Lowu and then passing border. From Kowloon Tong HKD33.00
    3. Looking in the net for Chinese Visa in HKG. You need a normal Visa, cause with the Shenzhen visa you cannot even reach the Shenzhen airport.
    Thanks. Any sugg's for travel agents in Shenzhen to book the flights? How do i pay for it if i'm based in hk, via credit card?

No credit card accepted for tickets. Only cash.
    You better speak Mandarin for buying tickets in Shenzhen if you want to pay cheap, otherwise you will probably get higher price if you go through travel agencies dedicated to foreigners.
    Ask someone who can write and read Chinese to search with Google 深圳 上海 机票 and you will find all the numbers and rates you like.