Boracay - worth a visit? How do you get there?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I know this is a pretty old thread, but it still gives me very useful information. I've but one more thing to ask: has anyone been to Boracay with two young children(under 6)? Did you find it worth the hassle of getting there? How many nights' stay is recommended?

There are flights from Hong Kong to Caticlan, about 30-40 minutes boat from Boracay.
    A friend took his 6 year old recently and they loved it. Beautiful beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    There are flights from Hong Kong to Caticlan, about 30-40 minutes boat from Boracay.
    A friend took his 6 year old recently and they loved it. Beautiful beach.
    Are you sure about this? I know flights recently started from HK to Kalibo (with a bus ride to Caticlan)...direct to Caticlan would be great!

We took our two children (a bit older) over Christmas and cannot wait to go back. Flew to Cebu and then to Caticlan. Small plane to Caticlan but no problem at all. The boat ride was fun and didn't take too long. It was totally worth the 1 am flight out of HK. Stayed at Nigi Nigi Too which was on the beach, included breakfast everyday (on the beach) and was very family friendly. We stayed for 7 days which for my husband and 12 year old son was a bit too long but for my daughter and I was not even enough time.

The water was perfect and the sand was so soft! No pool at this resort but we didn't miss it at all.

Book the tickets and have a fabulous vacation!

Ah, I'm embarrassed! I was so sure it was Caticlan, now I can't find the info so it must have been Kalibo. Sincere apologies
    So 1.5-2hrs from Kalibo to the jetty for the boat to Boracay. Still better than a Manila transfer!

Last edited by Satay Sue; 05-05-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by attkrt:
    We took our two children (a bit older) over Christmas and cannot wait to go back. Flew to Cebu and then to Caticlan. Small plane to Caticlan but no problem at all. The boat ride was fun and didn't take too long. It was totally worth the 1 am flight out of HK. Stayed at Nigi Nigi Too which was on the beach, included breakfast everyday (on the beach) and was very family friendly. We stayed for 7 days which for my husband and 12 year old son was a bit too long but for my daughter and I was not even enough time.

The water was perfect and the sand was so soft! No pool at this resort but we didn't miss it at all.

Book the tickets and have a fabulous vacation!
    Wow. Do they even have flights our of HK at 1am?? That's a clever idea flying via Cebu then Caticlan. I'd consider that more convenient than flying straight to Kalibo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    Wow. Do they even have flights our of HK at 1am?? That's a clever idea flying via Cebu then Caticlan. I'd consider that more convenient than flying straight to Kalibo.

It's the first option given on the Cebu pacific website if you type in Hong Kong to Caticlan.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    It's the first option given on the Cebu pacific website if you type in Hong Kong to Caticlan.
    So happy to know that and I will definitely look it up. I think that the 1.5 hr bus ride from Kalibo to Boracay is too long for me. Its longer than the actual flight!

Last edited by Loz_2; 05-05-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    So happy to know that and I will definitely look it up. I think that the 1.5 bus ride from Kalibo to Boracay is too long for me. Its longer than the actual flight!

Ha, yes plus the lovely Philippine roads

Thank you so much for all the additional info. I don't think we can do the 1.5 hours of bus ride either, especially after SS's hint on the road condition