Best Tropical Destination in Asia?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best Tropical Destination in Asia?

Hey All,

I'm thinking of taking a vacation to somewhere tropical in Asia - and i mean, nice white sand beaches, clear turquoise water, snorkeling,... I haven't traveled much around Asia yet, so would like some suggestions on the best destination for this... Was thinking of Bali (since I've heard its beautiful), but someone else suggested perhaps Phuket. Which do you prefer? Or other suggestions for some fun-filled days under the sun!?

hmm... Boracay!

Ditto on Boracay! Of course i'd be a bit biased to claim it to be the "best" tropical destination in Asia i've heard Amanpulo, also in the Philippines, to be even better though, prolly more pristine and secluded, less commercialized.. though the price is much more expensive too.

Quote Originally Posted by athena:
    Ditto on Boracay! Of course i'd be a bit biased to claim it to be the "best" tropical destination in Asia i've heard Amanpulo, also in the Philippines, to be even better though, prolly more pristine and secluded, less commercialized.. though the price is much more expensive too.
    Boracay has all the qualities that you listed down, cosmokat. If you have the moolah, though, go to Amanpulo (HK$10,000-15,000 for a 3day/2night package).

If you want to go diving, Palawan (in the Philippines, too) is ideal.

:-D

Show me the way to Amanpulo

Hi

How do you get to Amanpulo? whose been and whats it like?

thanks

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Rmulhall:
    Hi

How do you get to Amanpulo? whose been and whats it like?

thanks

Rachel
    Here you go: http://www.amanresorts.com/pulo/home.htm

I haven't been there myself, but my friend who has been tells me it's worth the money. The casitas, though they open out to the sea, offer guaranteed privacy. Service is good, food is fresh, and the ambience is expensive. :-)

:-Dona

Hmm, I think 10k-15k for a 2 night package is a bit more than what I was thinking of spending for my first trip. Think I'll start off a little bit more on the lower end and work my way up! Both of these destinations are secluded in that you still need to take another flight from the main land to get out there... Any places where it's not quite so remote, so you can enjoy the a quiet day at the beach some days, but also convenient to do a day trip to other more lively areas if you're feeling for some city life??

Thx for your replies

try Thai

Koh-Samui, might be a good choice, avoid chaweng beach though-too crowded and loud.North or norh-eastern part of the island is pretty quiet.
    Quick flight from BKK.

Red face

Redang is my favourite place in Asia for resting on the beach. It's off the East Coast of Malaysia. However, getting there can be a hassle. But if you stay at Berjaya, it's worth the hassle. Clear blue waters, nice sand...my fav place on earth at this point of time. Till I find some place better!

I think I've narrowed it down to at least Thailand! But, where would you choose? Phuket or Koh-Samui?!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast