Like Tree4Likes

Traveling to Phuket - Hotel / Area advice

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Traveling to Phuket - Hotel / Area advice

Thanks to everyone for their advice. After weighing up all options have decided to head to Phuket for a few days.

Don't know the place and hence would appreciate the benefit of more Phuket experienced people.

Can anyone recommend with area / beaches are preferable? I am traveling with my 11 year old daughter so really want to avoid the louder bar scene areas and especially areas with go go bars etc.

Preferably on / near a beach and within easy travel of a dive centre.

Thanks!!!

Katathani Hotel. It's on Kata Noi Beach, just south of Kata. It's a lot quieter than Kata and Patong. Very good hotel, with a dive shop opposite.

Or if you want something to do in the evenings, then perhaps try the Karon Beach area. Not as loud or seedy as Kata and Patong, and has a huge market, nice long beach, plenty of dive centres, etc

HKNewBi likes this.

a few of my friends went to Sri panwa, its a pool villa up in the mountain, - i dont think you'll get the beach , but it look cool

Sri panwa Pool Villa Room Types – Luxury Pool Villas In Phuket

HKNewBi likes this.

Try this for an overview of Phuket.

The Laguna area is a good choice- close to the airport and quiet. Very resorty though, but then again that's most of Phuket.

Thanks everyone - really appreciate the advise.

Spent a few hours on the web looking at hotels etc. Found some nice, reasonable hotels around the Kamala area. Any reason to give it a miss? There is a dive centre nearby and pictures of the beach look good.

Not sure what your budget is, but Dewa Resort is very close to the airport (5min drive), has beautiful pool villas, as well as two large pool areas, across the road from a beach and in a relaxing area. I liked it because it was just away from everything, except a 10minute was down the beach was some great restaurants.

Try looking at wotif.com for prices of resorts.

HKNewBi likes this.

Oops, forgot to post the link: Phuket travel guide - Wikitravel

HKNewBi likes this.

Cheers for the link.

Dewa Resort looks like a great deal. A 700sq ft room coming in at less than $500 per night! Seems a great bargain.

Thanks for the tip.

Too much choice!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi:
    Cheers for the link.

Dewa Resort looks like a great deal. A 700sq ft room coming in at less than $500 per night! Seems a great bargain.

Thanks for the tip.

Too much choice!!!!
    You are right - there is too much choice.
    Where ever you stay, there will be somewhere else that you think might be better.

There is a dive shop infront of Dewa also.
    It is far away from the main Phuket area, but you can get a taxi to there if you want to go out for the day.
    Expedia is also handy for prices, and TripAdvisor for details of resorts.

Also, another one of my fav.
    Aleenta Phuket.... BEAUTIFUL
    Luxury Accommodation in Phuket Thailand by Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast