Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By drumbrake

Floods and Mudslides in China (Going to Guilin/Yangshuo)

Floods and Mudslides in China (Going to Guilin/Yangshuo)

I have been planning on heading up to Guilin/Yangshuo in Guangxi province this weekend. I'm a bit concerned though about all the flooding and mudslides I've been reading about. It sounds like there have been many deaths, and not just on trains or buses either.

I get the impression the worst is over, but I'm unable to find any real info on how this has affected the area. Does anyone know what state Guilin/Yangshuo areas are in? From what I've found online Yangshuo town floods pretty easy.

Thanks

Last edited by kryzlowski; 26-05-2010 at 11:55 PM.

The landslide was not near Guilin; it was in Jiangxi Province (although on the Guilin - Shanghai train line).

Getting to Guilin / Yangshuo by train, bus or plane is no problem. I think it has been raining quite a lot recently, but this is good as it means river levels have gone up and the place looks greener. As long as it is sunny when you are there!

kryzlowski likes this.

Here in Yangshuo the weather pretty nice - cloudy, not hot and dry.
    Last long rainy day was last week and it didn't affect water level.

Country roads dry and easy to ride on.

There is a flood chart on the wall near harbor. There you can see that serious floods occurs every 47-50 years. Last serious flood was in 2008

How long is the drive to guilin by train?

From Shenzhen should be 13 h. 30 min. It is an overnight train arrives in Guilin at 7:30 in the morning

what about those new bulletrains ? I heard to beijing its 10 hours and shenzhen 8 hours...that should make guilin like 4 hours :O is there a bullettrain to guilin?