Like Tree2Likes

HK To Shanghai

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HK To Shanghai

Hi,

Could someone give some recommendations of which airline/website/agency is the cheapest to get flights from HK to Shanghai.

Is it worth going to Shen Zhen to take the flight, as I heard it can be alot cheaper, and there are buses from Kowloon station to the SZ airport. Could someone give me advice on these options please, would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

If you book in advance and stay more than two nights then CTS should have good deals on both Dragonair and China Eastern.

twitceh likes this.

for SZ to Sjanghai try
    www.ctrip.com

twitceh likes this.

I second the recommendation of using CTrip and flying from Shenzhen. The airport in Shenzhen is easy to get to, with direct buses leaving from Luo Hu (and other places) every fifteen minutes, or so. In terms of ticket price, you can save a mint over flying from Hong Kong.

If you can speak putonghua and read Chinese, then you can get rock bottom prices by searching the web and calling around a few mainland booking agents. Otherwise, CTrip offers some good, low-price choices.

Last edited by M Khan; 02-06-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks guys.

Airline - china eastern was cheap and cheerful from shenzen. Even a taxi from lo wu won't cost you much at all. Be willing to fight in the taxi line though just like anywhere on the mainland. Same thing with getting seats on the bus. Done both. Overall shenzen is just fine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Is there really a huge difference in price to go through all of this? I thought Dragonair has some great deals.

Before going to Shanghai from SZ cost less than 1k... So yeah before the expo there was a big difference. Now it's nearly the same... So I'll probably just from HK...

You going for the expo?

Have you ever tried to buy airticket from Shanghai Airline? its cheaper than China Easten or Dragon Air. I bought airticket this CNY it was like HKD1980 return, also Shanghai airline is part of Star Alliance.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast