Chinese Americans in HK

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

want to meet up this Friday or Sat?

Hi:

I am also Chinese but spent years abroad. Do you guys want to meet up for drinks either Friday night or Sat night?

Let's all sit down and chat.

if that's the case, does that mean i'm a HBA? (hong kong born australian?)

haha can anyone here speak mandarin?
    Man i feel so lost here not being able to speak cantonese...
    ironically my mandarin has gotten worse since ive been in HK. Most locals speak really choppy mandarin and that has kind of screwed me up too.

Count me in for meeting up! I'm Cantonese, born in NYC. Trying to fit in with locals right now, so I don't think I'm snobby or a prick...

I'm a huge Yankees fan too and got myself a Slingbox before I came here just to watch games. But the hours are all messed up -- how would you be able to watch during weekdays?

ESPN on NOW Cable offers about 2-3 games a week, live (there are times when they show old games too -- weird...) and with a broadcaster/announcer in Cantonese, which is fun. You can tell there's not much of a baseball audience in HK because the announcer explains the rules of the game throughout the broadcast.

johnny ive been trying to fit in with the local all along... i just cant open my mouth...

Oh my i'm so excited-Hello fellow Yankees fans (and everyone else who's not a sox fan!)

Why don't we all get together over some drinks??

I have msn but can't log on at work. The best way to reach me is probably thru work email [email protected]

BTW, i can speak Mandarin but the only Cantonese word i know is still Dong Lai Chai

I am from Toronto but I like the Yankees too!

I am lawrence !

nice to meet you all

Anyone up for getting together Friday to commisserate over the recent SLIDE?!

i'm leaving tomorrow for hawaii for a week!!! But when i'm back in town i'd like to get together with those who are available - we need to discuss how the yanks can up their games and I need to show off my tan

Tomorrow's the night for Pinstripes in the Park. Heard Tino will be there this year. I wonder how Bernie's music career is coming along!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia_H:
    i'm leaving tomorrow for hawaii for a week!!! But when i'm back in town i'd like to get together with those who are available - we need to discuss how the yanks can up their games and I need to show off my tan

Tomorrow's the night for Pinstripes in the Park. Heard Tino will be there this year. I wonder how Bernie's music career is coming along!
    Wow, Tino and Bernie are Hawaii - what a way to retire!! I am afraid upping their games may require getting rid of Mr April - A Rod...while he still has some rental value for the rest of the season, before he likely opts out after the season..a sign and trade would do it. There, I said it - now don't throw stuff at me!!