Chinese Americans in HK

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Question Chinese Americans in HK

I was wondering if there is a group (formal or informal) for Chinese Americans (ABC or non-ABC) living in HK that meets regularly? I would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by joey_w.hk:
    I was wondering if there is a group (formal or informal) for Chinese Americans (ABC or non-ABC) living in HK that meets regularly? I would be interested.
    AFAIK, there is a group of ABC (American Born Chinese), a BBC (British), a SBC (Singapore) they all meet once a month but I have lost touch with most of them. The ABC group was very formal and very business oriented. ABC and BBC were meeting in the Ritz Carlton in the old days.

Chinese ameraican here. Messege me !!!

Chinese ameraican here. Messege me !!!, Any groups out there , or anyone out there ,English Speaking , but i also know cantonese, english preferred .

Yes there are lots. They fall into two groups: those for whom being Chinese-American defines their being and makes them feel they are somehow superior to everyone else in HK (we just avoid and laugh at this mob), and a smaller contingent who do their best to get along with everyone else and therefore don't define themselves in any particular way (this group mixes well with everyone else).

Last edited by PDLM; 10-05-2006 at 02:49 AM.

HK borned but live in the states for so many years..so considered myself half ABC..If there's such meeting, please let me know. Yes, I am avoiding those snotty ppls and of course laugh at those too. Personally I don't they are any superior than normal ppls.

here too

Hi guys,

Just moved to HK from New York in April. It has not been a priority for me to define myself by skin (or anything), but yes I'm Chinese and lived in the States for years.

I just want to meet some laidback people to kick it - a drink after work, weekend brunches, etc. Not very business-oriented.

BTW If anyone happens to know of a place we can watch baseball, please let me know!!! I'm a Yankees and Padres fan, but I'd settle to watch any game!

sylvia

get the japanese nhk bs channel. they are showing almost every yankee game or any games that dice-k is pitching in... but, unfortunately they are showing it live in the morning.. 8-P

Thanks! Will definitely look into the Japanese channel and see whether they show any replays

CBC (Canadian born Chinese) moving to Hong Kong soon. Would also be interested to meet some people from the UK, USA, or Canada once in a while. ;-)

Me too!

I'm "half" ABC as well. Born and raised in HK for the first 15 years of my life. Then moved to live and study in NYC and Washington DC. I'm now in Xi'an doing archaeological work but I will be back in HK every now and then. I'm fluent in English, Cantonese, Mandarin and Arabic (I got my Masters in Arabic). Hope you guys don't discriminate because I'm not the rich investment banker type I'm just looking to expand my social circle and someone to hang out with while in HK! I would love to meet people from all walks of life and nationalities, not just ABCs.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast