Witness our marriage on 6th July 2010

Witness our marriage on 6th July 2010

Hi everyone,

We're a mid-twenties couple, Hilde (bride) from Norway and Sanal (groom) from India, who are getting married in Hong Kong and therefore need two witnesses.

We are getting married on Tuesday 6th July, 4.00pm at the 1st Floor, High Block, City Hall, City Hall Marriage Registry, Central.

If anyone here are able to be our witnesses, please send us an email at [email protected]. Don't forget to bring your passport or HK ID-card.

As said, we need two witnesses, but we would be delighted to have a few more people show up at our wedding! If you have the time you are welcome to join us in sharing the happiest moment of our lives, and do bring your camera

Any help is much appreciated. Please email us at [email protected]

Hilde & Sanal

Hilde & Sanal,

Congrats and happily thereafter, have sent email to you and be there to support you.

Cheers,
    Chelseaorange

I would be happy to but unfotunately I work until 6pm in Central.

Hope everything goes great. I will be there in spirit.

You don't need to pre arrange this, there are always loads of people hanging around who can act as witness.

Be prepared for the almost indecent haste that the ceremony is conducted in. Blink and you will miss it!

I'd have come but that day I am hiking in Switzerland - but keep the thread alive; the last time one of these was done, about 20 people ended up coming and they had a great time! (unfortunately I had to go back to work after the ceremony, but I hear the party went on for ages!!!)

Chelseaorange: Thanks so much for the email, reply has been sent

aschwartz: Too bad you can't attend, thanks for the kind words

Cwbguy: We know that it would probably be no problem asking someone who just happen to be there right before the wedding, but we feel better having asked someone in advance and besides, the geoexpat members seem like a lovely bunch Appreciate telling us about the speed of the process!

MovingIn07: Oh wow, 20 people is a lot! In case we end up with that many people it might be worth mentioning that we're on a very tight budget, considering drinks afterwards Wish you could've joined us though, we hope you'll have a great time in Switzerland!

I should be free that day and will bring my SLR camera and be a standby witness. This will be my first wedding i have been semi-invited to in HK

That is wonderful WMDS, thank you so much!
    Don't forget your passport/ID-card, looking forward to see you there