View Poll Results: Where to watch the Germany - Costa Rica match?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bulldog's (Lan Kwai Fong)

3 23.08%
  • Bar George (Lan Kwai Fong)

7 53.85%
  • Other location in Central ---> specify in thread

0 0%
  • Skidz (Wan Chai)

3 23.08%
  • Other location in Wan Chai ---> specify in thread

0 0%

Vote: Venue to watch World Cup Opening Match. Fri June 9

Vote: Venue to watch World Cup Opening Match. Fri June 9

Hey everyone,

we are getting closer to the World Cup and it is time to decide on the venues for our World Cup outings. Judging by the poll results, there are some nights when we will have enough people to reserve a full room (for example, I will try to get us the 'Crow's Nest' in LKF for the England - Paraguay match on June 10) but for the other matches during week one, there is not enough interest yet. For those, who are interested in watching matches with fellow geoexpats but have not yet voted, please go to http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread9720.html

This thread is ONLY for the opening match; it looks like the group (14 so far) is too small to justify renting the top floor of Stormy Weather (e.g Crow's Nest) so it may be a good opportunity to test another venue ... and if we like it, we might make it our hang-out until we get sufficient followers to hire entire rooms or bars.

Please vote on the choices indicated below and post any write-in comments to this thread.

Last edited by texasaxel; 29-05-2006 at 04:42 PM.

What time does the match start? I am meeting the Stormy folks tommorrow and might be able to swing something.

Midnight Friday night/Saturday morning, according to my calendar... the England game is 9pm on Saturday 10th.

Are the matches going to be shown onI-Cable only or a mixture of I-Cable and NOW ?

I would be in for some of the games (especially England) if around LKF.

All matches will play on Cable TV not not NOW. However, ATV will shown the opening game and the final game. I think TVB will shown the final and quarter final. I would definitely watch some match with you guys if the activity is on. Cheers!!

Hey, i'd like to watch the games on LKF, cause I don't live far away
    I voted for Bar George, but actually it doesn't matter where...as long as it is on LKF....hehe

I'm definitly in!

I have to watch the opening game of germany

I put my vote down for Bar George, but really anywhere in LKF is OK with me

dunno these places so couldn't vote preferably somewhere in lan kwai fong so i won't lose my way.. easily

Unfortunately, Bar George will not broadcast the opening match of the World Cup - I have reserved a table under my name at Skidz, 18 Fenwick St in Wanchai. Confirm your attendance in this thread: http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread10863.html