Like Tree6Likes

Calling all keen readers - book club

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Hello..so is the meet up tomorrow or next Sunday? Thanks~

Hi guys, it was great to get together with Karen and Mel last night. So many great book recommendations... Though at the rate Karen's fast and furious reading, we might ran them out by next week...

Right, since Karen finished the book in a day or two and I think Karthik is getting close to be done, we might meet for the discussion relatively soon. How does brunch sound at noon on Sunday August 8th?

Hi everyone,

We had a very lively book discussion last night.

Yep, I finished A Colossal Failure already - it was quite gripping for me. Couldn't put it down!

Starting on A Short History of Nearly Everything which is a joy to read as well.

After last night, I am dying to get my hands on Guns, Steel and Germs and any David Sedaris book (as recommended by NinaSimone)!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveNinaSimon:
    Hi guys, it was great to get together with Karen and Mel last night. So many great book recommendations... Though at the rate Karen's fast and furious reading, we might ran them out by next week...

Right, since Karen finished the book in a day or two and I think Karthik is getting close to be done, we might meet for the discussion relatively soon. How does brunch sound at noon on Sunday August 8th?
    Hello.. Sorry i didn't make it last night!

Well, I've got the book now and I'm quite gripped by it too, so pretty sure i'll finish it by next week. So please let me know the plans if and when.

Apologies for no not making it...

Warm regards,
    Karthik

No worries, Karthik and Curious Joe. Hope to see you next time. Please pencil in brunch on Sunday the 8th.

Happy reading!

Quote Originally Posted by karthik80:
    Apologies for no not making it...

Warm regards,
    Karthik

Me Talk Pretty One Day :-)

I'm dying to get my eyes on Ronald Dahl and Never Let Me Go as well!

Quote Originally Posted by kayelle:
    Hi everyone,

We had a very lively book discussion last night.

Yep, I finished A Colossal Failure already - it was quite gripping for me. Couldn't put it down!

Starting on A Short History of Nearly Everything which is a joy to read as well.

After last night, I am dying to get my hands on Guns, Steel and Germs and any David Sedaris book (as recommended by NinaSimone)!

Slotter

Yo people, are you guys still in this book club thing? I will definitely not be able to make it this coming one but yes the next. Any ideas of what to do next yet?

Hi bookworms,

I've finished reading A Short History of Nearly Everything. Personally, I think A Colossal Failure was a better read.

A Short History was very interesting in the beginning, but towards the end it got a bit dry and the style was repetitive. Still, extremely informative. I feel a lot more knowledgeable now!

Am going to re-read A Colossal Failure so that I can contribute sensibily for this week's discussion.

See you guys and have a brilliant week ahead!

You are scary, girl!

To make our discussion interesting, I'm going to be playing the devil's advocate, which for some reason always feels natural. Must be in my blood :-)...

And all worms are welcome, old or new! Even if you haven't got a chance to finish the book this time, we'll groom you up for next time!

:-D see you all on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by kayelle:
    Hi bookworms,

I've finished reading A Short History of Nearly Everything. Personally, I think A Colossal Failure was a better read.

A Short History was very interesting in the beginning, but towards the end it got a bit dry and the style was repetitive. Still, extremely informative. I feel a lot more knowledgeable now!

Am going to re-read A Colossal Failure so that I can contribute sensibily for this week's discussion.

See you guys and have a brilliant week ahead!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast