Malaysians & Singaporeans in HK

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Malaysians & Singaporeans in HK

Hi! Any Malaysians and Singaporeans couples/families out there? I'm Malay and moved to Hong Kong last year from the US with my hubby and would like to meet other fellow Malaysians/Singaporeans living in HK. I'm in my thirties (and not really into the bar/happy hour scene), so it would be great to meet over a cup of teh tarik or try out a Malaysia restaurant on HK island...

Last edited by sanfran; 13-08-2006 at 05:33 PM.

Hi There,
    I have quite a few malaysian friends here. Have you tried many Malaysian places?
    Some are okay. I can send a list later if you like.
    Mamamalay in Shueng wan is fairly cheap and has changing specials.

I believe its called Malaymama on mercer st .. Sheung Wan .. Exit A2.

What's teh tarik?

Pulled tea

Google for more details ...

Hi

I have a few Malaysian muslim coming to visit.
    Is it difficult to find " halal" food for them?

if you can advice where to locate those restaurants, it will be good...
    Thanks

Seen a few in Causeway Bay ..

Hi everyone!

John, I havent tried many Malaysian places except for Sabah Restaurant. Some of their dishes are good. Yes, please send a list for other good Malay places. Will try and check out Malaymama one day.

Jay, teh tarik is a thick and flavorful brewed tea mixed with creamy hot milk much like Hong Kong milk tea or Indian chai tea. It's quite a treat for most Malaysians, much like getting a fix of latte from the cafe. Teh means 'tea', and tarik means 'pull' as the tea is tossed from one cup to another several times over prior to serving to froth up the tea. Sabah usually demos this prior to serving the tea.

As for halal food, listed below is some links and you can also try Ebeneezer's in LKF and Wan Chai and Habibi's in SOHO. http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/...p_pdf_hala.pdf

http://www.islam.org.hk/eng/E-islamfoodstore.asp

Hi, I am Indonesian-chinese, was staying in Jakarta and malaysia for 6 years. good to practice bahasa in hk.

You can try a restaurant in Wanchai called Pasar, near the Hennesy Government Primary School. the Laksa is good and can try some Yuk-Kwak-Cha ! Kelvin

Lived in KL for two years and in Singapore two years... i just can't get the flavor of teh tarik out of my toungue .... been feeding on that for more than 5 yrs now... i can make some now at my place and learnt hw to make it... Some places in HK make yuk teh tarik ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast