Like Tree4Likes

Breakfast and Politics/Business

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

I like the idea of this but can't do this Sat. Hope it becomes a regular thing.

That's a shame - we'll definitely work round you for the next one if it flies...

I've just booked a table for 5 for 8:30am. Let me know if any more takers (or if you can't make it any more).

See you all tomorrow. Unfortunately, my stay will be short thanks to half-day Sats.

half day sats? damn should have told us we could have made it 8:00. PDLM will be there early he says so id say you could probably show up a bit early

as a side note, once I meet PDLM tomorrow I am going to miss calling him PDLM......

On here that's still what you'll call me!

Anyway, I'm on my way out of the door - I'll be there by 8:10.

OK will get moving myself

So how did this go? i usually only read the economist waiting in an airport or something but i do like to catch up on international affairs.

To everyone who came, especially PDLM for hosting, thanks for making the first meeting such a success!

To those who weren't there, we didn't directly use the economist as a guide but there was a great deal of discussion about the financial industry, some politics / taxation stuff etc. Had a good variety of people, ex telecoms guy, fresh biz school grad, exporter, guy in a financial startup etc.... Also, the FCC represented very good value for money in my opinion. The food was reasonably priced and the coffee was better than expected (maybe I have low standards though). I enjoyed the meeting thoroughly.

Anyway, the question now is when/where to meet next. PDLM talked about meeting bi-weekely. I am open to anything really. I would say a good guide is size. If we have many people the group will be unwieldily anyway, so we could meet more frequently. But actually, as I have written, I love breakfast, so i'm also fine with weekly in any case .

If there is adequate demand, we could do 8:30 at Real Bread in Soho next saturday. (earlier, like 8 or something, is fine if dreadnought wants more time with us)

(Other great idea, if we get enough people we can try to get some collective bargaining going on, and demand 10% discount for larger party, or no service charge or something)

Last edited by pacowc3; 31-07-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast