Bowling - Nov 26th?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFates:
    Yours goes forward?? Wow.. mine goes sideways.
    So you're going to be the one I should worry about... I am way too inconsistent to try and spin the ball when/if the game involves the losing team buying beer.

Quote Originally Posted by TypeIII:
    ...when/if the game involves the losing team buying beer.
    And the plan for Sunday evening is born...

Okay, so we have about 15 people, mixture of pros (!) and beginners...

Now, we have an interesting question. I've spoken to the alley about booking and well... here's how it is:

Shoes are $10 each, whatever happens.

We can book, but we need to book a minimum of 2 lanes (that's fine - I would say we need 3 lanes anyway) for a minimum of 2 hours (less fine - 2 hours is quite a long time) for $300 per lane per hour (that's $60 per person, assuming 5 people per lane). If we don't book, we can just walk in, but Sunday afternoon is a busy time, and we've ended up waiting for lanes before - and we'd pay $46 per person per game. Just to make things slightly worse, we'd have to pre-pay to book.

So, the choice is between $120 each (assuming 15 people) for 2 hours unlimited bowling on 3 lanes, $80 each for 2 hours on 2 lanes, which would probably mean taking turns to play, or, say $92 each for two games, which would take a lot less than 2 hours, but you'd probably have to wait for a lane.

Any game theorists in the house?

I would prefer not to be paying up front, unless people are willing to make a really firm commitment, up to and including paying me back if they don't turn up... On the other hand, I'd prefer not to be waiting for lanes...

Thanks for calling them, and for orgainzing this event. (I know it's usually a thankless job)

I would rather have 5 (or less) ppl per lane, and bowl for two hours. I don't mind paying up front and as a matter of fact I would go out of my way to give you my share in advance if that's what you prefer. Cuz hey, after all why should you be the one bearing the risk of people not showing up? Sure, it's not a big chunk of money but still, it just sucks to pay for a group of people (people you don't know, by the way) in advance only to have half of them not showing on Sunday!

So I'll be there for sure. You have my word and you can have my money before you book it if that's what you prefer.

You have my words "I am in"

Quote Originally Posted by dougp:
    Yeah, well, some of us .. well ... ah ... no. No. If the ball goes forwards we're doing ok!
    Hopefully the ball go forward!!

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    So, the choice is between $120 each (assuming 15 people) for 2 hours unlimited bowling on 3 lanes, $80 each for 2 hours on 2 lanes, which would probably mean taking turns to play, or, say $92 each for two games, which would take a lot less than 2 hours, but you'd probably have to wait for a lane.
    I'm with TypeIII - Go for the 2 hours, and happy to pay up front. 2 hours isn't too long if you've got 4 or 5 to a lane, and I'd generally want to get 3 games in anyway, so the cost works out fine. I've waited an hour for a lane there before (on a Sat admittedly).

VMLINUZ --

$120/person for 2 hours at Olympic is reasonable. Count us (2 people) in.

:-D

Yep.. I am in. I will pay you the 120, even if I can't make it for any reason. Hope to e there, though...

If you need the money upfront, thats Ok as well..

heh heh... you guys keep saying "balls"... heh heh, heh heh

Oh, count me in, by the way....

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast