Bowling - Nov 26th?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

Please count me in. I can pay in advance if you would prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Two more should be no problem

To make it absolutely clear, the price will be between $120 and $150 per person (depending on the final person-to-lane ratio) for 2 hours, plus $10 for shoes. They won't take a booking for less than 2 hours, so that's the minimum...
    Great, count us in.

So, that's 2 more on your confirmed numbers, we'll be there at 3pm. vmlinuz can you PM your phone number + real name to me so we can call you if we have any trouble on the day?

Ta,

Chris

Darn .. I love bowling, but I cannae make it that day.

You guys and gals have a great day. Definately next time for sure!

Hi-diddly-ho, bowlerinos!

Uh, yeah... anyway...

I went down to the alley yesterday and paid to book 4 lanes for Sunday, although I'm going to have to call them and try to up it to 5. The plan is very very simple:

Date: Sunday, 26th November
    Time: 2:50pm
    Goal: Bowling
    Outcome: All bow down before my skill

Well, maybe not the last one... I should be at the station well before that time, just in case, and anyone who gets there after 3 should just head on over to the alley. It's clearly signposted once you get into the mall, but all you need to do is go up the short escalator on the right once you're in the mall, walk past the lifts, turn right after the LZ shop (lifezone or some such) and the alley is on your left. If anyone needs to get there via non-MTR means, I can't help very much because I've only ever been there by MTR - but feel free to ask for advice here...

My mobile number, for emergency getting-in-contact purposes, is 61718423. Please do not sign me up to annoying things with it. I suspect I may end up standing in the MTR on Sunday holding a sign saying something like "GeoExpat Bowling Team" - otherwise, I'm a large white bloke, will probably have some facial hair, and will probably be wearing some green/brown/khaki trousers and a polo shirt, because I normally do... I might try to leave a note on the desk at the alley announcing what lanes we're on, for latecomers, but to be honest it's not that big a place and we're likely to be quite noticeable - we usually are.

At the moment, my list of who is coming looks like:
    Me
    Doug
    Connie
    Max
    back2HK
    GAIA
    TypeIII
    donabel_beltran+1
    shafted
    HKChigger+1
    artdude
    Mid_Levels_Man
    jenzz
    Oz_Girl
    Chris OTR+1
    jmu
    leafs!
    Quaker123

Please let me know if you're on that list and not planning to come, or if you're not on the list and are planning to come. If you're not on the list and not planning to come, please don't let me know... There are a couple of maybes, and a couple of people who haven't confirmed, and if I can count, we're up to 21 already, so that's a clear 5 lane group.

Have I forgotten anything?

Me (Richard)
    Doug (Doug)
    Connie (Connie)
    Max
    back2HK
    GAIA
    TypeIII (Ken)
    donabel_beltran+1
    shafted
    HKChigger+1
    artdude
    Mid_Levels_Man
    jenzz
    Oz_Girl
    Chris OTR+1
    jmu
    leafs!
    Quaker123

Quote Originally Posted by TypeIII:
    Picture of name badge
    Uh, no, actually. One of the standard things of online fora where people have nicks is that it's up to them to hide their real name if they want to. Amongst the reasons why, I don't know if half of the people on this list are male or female, and I can understand why people might not want everyone to know.

Obviously it's a different matter when we meet up - but we tend to keep to nicks on the site. It does make for confusion sometimes - I thought one of the people on the list was someone I'd met, and made a comment along those lines, but I turned out to be completely wrong

Hi-diddly-ho, bowlerinos!

Uh, yeah... anyway...

Yes, I was wondering if you could list all of the bowlers' handicaps, breaking it down to "handicap on natural wood lanes vs. handicap on synthetic lanes?" Also, when was the last time the lanes were waxed, and what humidity level do they maintain in the bowling alley?

I thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by artdude:
    Yes, I was wondering if you could list all of the bowlers' handicaps...
    Mine's being crap at bowling.

You forgot me. But I can't make it after all. Have a conference to attend. Too bad.. really wanted to play.

Name badge can be used for screen name as well.

My average is around 110, during a bad game it could go as low as 85, and my all time high was 180.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast