Over 30s meetup - Nov 30th (Thurs) @ Mink

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Over 30s meetup - Nov 30th (Thurs) @ Mink

Should we have a happy hour for the "over 30, sit, talk, drink...turn that damn music down" crowd?

Date
    : 30th November
    Venue: Mink Bar, Hollywood Road ( http://www.mink.hk/ )
    Time: 7:00PM to 9:00PM ( The DJ comes on at 9/10PM so some of us will have to turn off our hearing aids )
    Drink Prices: "Standard wines and spirits retail at approx $60, so in HH they go for $42. Bottled beers (Heineken, San Miguel, Carlsberg, Tsing Tao and Sol) are usually $50 so they go for $35, with Hoegarden being a little more expensive at $38.50. Draught beers (Stella Artois and Becks) are usually $58 so they would be around $40.60"

The bar has promised to throw in snacks and a round of shots at some point during the happy hour.

The bar is new .. lets see if it lives up to the hype. Smack Jay (Sylvester) around if you have a problem... its all his fault.

Last edited by rani; 24-11-2006 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Edited for venue information

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay
    Should we have a happy hour for the "over 30, sit, talk, drink...turn that damn music down" crowd?
    I'm up for it - though I like that young peoples music myself, good for tapping the walking stick to.

Or alternatively we could have a miserable old git meeting

Absolutely... so long as it's somewhere that has decent beer (which means not the Dublin Jack, for example).

Uh, we had one a few months ago - a couple of weeks after my birthday, so I was eligible

Could well be time for another one...

Ok, so anyone got any ideas? I guess dublin jacks is out.

someplace with handicapped access for Shri and his walker

Last edited by ReverendJay; 20-11-2006 at 03:44 PM.

Good beer -- thats all relative

I'm not too keen on Dublin Jack as they've made it way too difficult for me to get a reservation there.... three strikes rule in place. Their excuse du jour is "we cannot hold the reservation after 6:30" and I think they've selectively applied that rule to us.

Pick a place that will handle a reservation for 30-40 people and I'm all for it.

will 30-40 over-30 old farts show up? Don't forget we got early bed times and iron and calcium supplements to take!

Ok, so anyone got any ideas? I guess dublin jacks is out.
    The Globe's ok on the beer front, but not exactly roomy. Was at the roof garden in/on the Fringe Club last week - nice and open (being outside) but not too good on the beer front. Carlsberg lager or Not-Quite-Carlsberg lager. Um. Brew House?
    Last edited by dougp; 20-11-2006 at 04:23 PM.

Sylvester : We had about 35 people show up at the last one ..

will 30-40 over-30 old farts show up? Don't forget we got early bed times and iron and calcium supplements to take!
    Can't believe that I'm turning into an old fart!!!! AHHH....I'm in denial!!!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast