Tuen Mun Horse Riding School

Closed Thread

Question Tuen Mun Horse Riding School

I used to do horse back riding when I was young, and now I would like to learn it again, as I know that there is this Tuen Mun Horse Riding School providing some courses for adult and kids.

Anyone interested in horse back riding? or any tips and opinion to share?

heya

I havnt done a lot of horse riding to be honest. But something id like to do

pm me if you wanna

Give them a call before you get too excited - if you weigh over 80kg you aren't allowed. They also have a branch in Pok Fulam.

If they tell you weight is no issue please post again because my bf and I want to do it but he is considered too heavy but 80kg is quite light for a 6.2 westerner.

Horse Riding

Hello I would like to go was told I have to take a riding test to ascertain my level. I have been waiting over 9 months just to take this test at Pokfulam. Worse still they only do it on weekdays so it is really hard for me to get there. Would prefer Tuen Mun but it's a nightmare trying to get there with public transport, plus they also have along wiaitng list. Does anyone have any advice? Would love to join if there is a group going.

I actually went the other day but didn't go riding.

Getting there is easy, take the 59X from Mei foo, the 962 from central or the west rail. get off when you see the tune mun ferry pier. from there it is a 5 - 10 minute walk or take the light rail to butterfly.

I think it was around 300 per half hour for riding but there is an 80Kg weight cap - not sure why as the horses I saw were all regular quarter horses (with one very cute miniature pony).

Good luck and have fun! i wold be interested in hearing form anyone who has actually gone riding there - what kinds of rides, where do you go, what sort of pace etc. Please post again if you end up going.

If you want a good fun day out horse riding I would recommend Xilihu in Shenzhen:

SNI Equestrian Centre (Xili Hu Ma Shu Zhong Xin)
    Xili Lake Holiday Village (Xili Hu Du Jia Cun)
    (0755) 2651-1743, 2651-3006

http://www.shenzhenparty.com/sports/

RMB250 for one hour, but you normally get close to 2 hours for no extra charge.

They have a huge place for riding, great scenery. The route i normally ride on goes through a lychee orhard, farm and reservoir. Takes an hour to reach the reservoir and an hour to get back to the stables. Really good fun.

Catch ferry to Shekou from Macau ferry terminal in Sheung Wan and take a cab there.