Designer Exchange

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Designer Exchange

I am of European origin, but feeling at home here.

Since 2004 I have been working in HK on my own business projects. This involves 90% of design -- graphics, websites, advertising. The rest is copywriting, product design, marketing.

I deal with mainland and HK suppliers and sell my products all over the world.

I wouldn't mind meeting with others to share experiences or work together.

hi~

Merry Christmas!!

I'm a local here and working in account servicing in an advertising agency.

Nice to meet you~

Cheers,
    Eva

Good to meet you

Hi Eva,

Thanks for the intro.

Yeah, I am looking to hire a part-time help for my growing business. This would be potentially full time position, very soon. The ideal person would be HK Chinese (speaks Cantonese, Mandarin, English) with big western influence.

We are making products for customers in Europe and USA, so quality of products must be high. I am having difficulties with some Chinese staff in this respect.

Help wanted

Seriously,

I am looking for help. Any person who can manage a very small office and speak perfect English and Chinese is welcome to inquire. We are a friendly bunch. Friendly environment. Artistic!

Style I have the same problem.

I need creative people who understand english and are native Japanese. Add to that that I don't have enough to pay them the world I am pretty stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Monde:
    Style I have the same problem.

I need creative people who understand english and are native Japanese. Add to that that I don't have enough to pay them the world I am pretty stuck.

I have been doing Chinese style design for the past 3 years and somehow I managed to fool people. I was using an assistant to help with translations and little advice here and there, but visually (design-wise) it was always my decision.

I think what you need is to hire 2 people - 1 English, the other Japanese.

In my case, I am just looking for a simple secretary, but don't mind if she/he has other business skills.

Why this posting

Actually, I started this thread in order to make acquaitance with other designers -- either on a professional or personal level.

I just miss bouncing ideas with other people, as I used to when I lived in the States.

Yes, I have some ideas, especially on the internet stage. I have been producing websites for 10 years and lately made some breakthroughs.

I am more on the IT side than the Creative side myself. Actually in Operations. So if you want to bounce idea's off me from a business perspective then I can help but from a Creative standpoint I am afraid that I am not a Creative person.

I think the main problem I am having with my current designer is trying to get him to understand the concept of IP and that he needs to stick to the Brand IP even if he doesn't like the colours.

Hello Style, would be very happy to met you and other creatives. Am currently a 'Design & Marketing Manager' (a CD by another name)...job is same as you 90% design, the rest copy and other bits.

Would like to add that I've other friends in the creative area and do enjoy getting together, knocking ideas around and sharing cool or inspirational urls. I'm currently working in-house and can miss the interaction with other designers you get in an agency/studio environment. The recent 'business of design week' was a breath of fresh air and ideas, although I only managed a few of the seminars.

I've been in HK 11yrs (!) and was CD of two differect web design companies during the boom/bust years and still involved with it, so very interested in all things webby. What sort of breakthroughs?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast