Looking for Rock Nights (and rock pals as well...)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Smile Sounds Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by lovehate:
    In Al's Diner LKF 3-4 weeks ago everything being played that late night happened to be pretty solid rock.

Understood. So might be a good thing go and check it out.
    Anyone up for it?
    Let's go check it out sometime. Ausabroad are you in?

I am in.

Al's Diner can be loads of fun.

Hi Lovehate

I'm definitely rock lover and hope to find fds to join some gigs all the times. Where is Al's Diner LKF ? I'm absolutely in.

Pls. kindly let us know hte details.

QUaker

Cool.
    So let's make the plan. What about sometimes in the w.e. next week?
    Do you prefere friday or sat?

I got my boss down from Canada next week so Saturday is better for me as she leaves on Saturday.........I may need the drinks (Not really as she is pretty cool)

Hey

I'm pretty free next Sat. So better fix it next Sat. I wanna know wot kind of music there in the place u suggest? I am pretty in rock music like, RHCP, Radiohead, Muse, My Chemical Romance, The Killers...Acrtic Monkey...etc.

Quaker

Smile Saturday

Saturday works for me!

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Aiyaahh! Just hold on a sec before the collective rush - do not assume that my chancing upon Al's Diner at a time they were playing rock (on video) turns the place into a bastion of rock n roll! This being HK, I wouldn't count on any commercial entertainment place trying to distinguish itself for long with a stamp of quality music away from safe commercial mainstream (ok except the chicago blues place in TST - a labour of love - which, no surprise, shut down, and yes Ned Kelly's live jazz bands in TST which I think remains true to its calling since my first visit there the year the MTR opened).

I'd like to join you next Sat - but be prepared for anything. Fodor's site (from a websearch on AD by me) said AD said they don't play hip-hop or disco - well, that's a start!

The next Underground night is Friday 12 January at the Edge (G/F of Centrium). It features five live bands playing original music.

Quote Originally Posted by HKFella:
    I'd like to join you next Sat - but be prepared for anything. Fodor's site (from a websearch on AD by me) said AD said they don't play hip-hop or disco - well, that's a start!
    I have to agree here. All the times that I have been there I have NEVER heard Hip Hop. Granted I have only been 5 or 6 times.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast