Looking for Rock Nights (and rock pals as well...)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ritehereritenow:
    http://fringeclubhongkong.com/english/index_eng.asp
    as well as
    www.hk-live.com

They have a lot of live bands performing. But the cover is kinda high...
    Er, what? The Fringe Club's cover for non-members tends to be HK$80 including one free drink, so that's about $60 for the drink (at LKF prices) and $20 for the band. That seems pretty reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Er, what? The Fringe Club's cover for non-members tends to be HK$80 including one free drink, so that's about $60 for the drink (at LKF prices) and $20 for the band. That seems pretty reasonable to me.
    Yeah, that confused me a bit too... I've been to the Fringe Club a few times, and one of the good things has always been the cost - considering you're paying at all, the charge is pretty trivial.

I've been to jazz there a couple of times, HK Live once, a comedy show, and some experimental theatre, not to mention drinks on the roof a couple of times, which is a bit of a secret - don't tell everyone!

I think the main point about the Fringe is that there is such a variety of stuff on there - I could be missing other venues, but I'd say it's the most interesting, and possibly most important, cultural venue on HK Island. HK Live, on the other hand, wasn't really for me - too loud, too raw, too cramped in their bar... I'm getting old

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by bbchris:
    Don't want to blatently advertise the Underground, however $40 for 5 bands is seriously good value.
    I, however, have no hesitation in engaing in a shameless plug of Chris' Underground. To some of those who have posted on this thread, and have never been there - it will be a revelation! Usually there's a varied mix of styles in one evening. Besides Sat at Al's Diner, anyone game for the next Underground at the Edge the following Friday (12th)? http://undergroundhk.com/upre.html

"... anyone game for the next Underground at the Edge the following Friday (12th)?"

I cannot see why not. As well as saturday at Al's diner, off course....

Smile I'm In

Ok...You know I'm in...of course!

I'm always up for something fun to do!

Kris

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Jan 12 U/G venue, Edge, is on Wyndham St, one street level above HK Brewhouse and Cavern at LKF - series of steps to scale height, then a few yards to the right, i.e westwards, and you'll spot it just across the street. (Imagine a ball hurled with an off-spin straight over the hill from in front of Al's Diner).

Talking

HKFella, I'll see you there - I will be back! WOoooohooooo!! So looking forward to seeing ToNick and So What!

Wow...bbchris is back!! Count me in for Underground on next Friday and probably for Al's Diner this Saturday. What time for AD?

yep,
    for sure will be in for the underground next friday....live bands are great.

What about 10.30ish at Al's diner?