New in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New in Hong Kong

Hey everyone.. I just moved to Hong Kong (from Chicago) a couple of weeks ago and should be here until the end of the year. Am looking to meet some people and make a few more buddies here; any get-togethers or events on the horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by mbass:
    Hey everyone.. I just moved to Hong Kong (from Chicago) a couple of weeks ago and should be here until the end of the year. Am looking to meet some people and make a few more buddies here; any get-togethers or events on the horizon?
    A few on Friday and Saturday. If you interested in Rugby we will be out on Saturday night. Probably Doublin Jacks in Lan Kwai Fong.

If you're a girl, there's the ladies nite dinner this Thurs...

Hey welcome- i'm from chicago too and i know there are a number of peeps in hk who are too.

if you're free tonight you're invited to an event organized by Jayinhongkong (below is from his post)

Nzingha Lounge! Wednesday, March 7th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New to Hong Kong? Want to meet some cool people at one of the coolest bars in town? Nzingha Lounge is on Peel Street in Soho (close to Meze Cafe on Elgin Street). When you get to Meze, you'll see some steps, and the largest coils of burning incense you're likely to see anywhere.

I know a lot of people have moved to Soho recently, but even if you don't live there, you're welcome to join us.
    I propose we meet at 8 PM at Nzingha. Feel free to PM me if you need directions. My phone doesn't work down there (Nzingha's underground), so here's a link to the website for those who need directions:

http://www.nzinghalounge.com

They have great Cameroonian beer on tap, and West African bar snacks and food too.

Monde> when will you guys finalize plans for Saturday night? keep me posted!

sunniefaith> am a guy, but any chance i'm still welcome at the dinner?

errr.....no....ladies only ...you'll have to wait for the co-ed dinner...For some reason, this sounds so high school....single sex and co-ed...But bug KIA, he might plan a boys nite out tomorrow nite....maybe just next door to the ladies...

Probably tonight as we are going to the Races.......havent been yet so going for a few beers and to watch the Horses Run.

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith:
    errr.....no....ladies only ...you'll have to wait for the co-ed dinner...For some reason, this sounds so high school....single sex and co-ed...But bug KIA, he might plan a boys nite out tomorrow nite....maybe just next door to the ladies...
    haha yeah i also better figure out who i'll be asking to prom.

sunniefaith,

Where's the get-together? Interested in joining and am female. Can you pm me directions and time?

Smile Friendly reply

Quote Originally Posted by Monde:
    A few on Friday and Saturday. If you interested in Rugby we will be out on Saturday night. Probably Doublin Jacks in Lan Kwai Fong.
    I will free on Sunday and some weekday's nights and I don't mind to show Hong Kong to u and invite u have a nice dinner(s). Pls. email yr. reply to my email address [email protected]. See u!

janejanet123.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast